The efficiencies that can be gained by using Project TEACH will allow our teachers to spend less time on administrative duties and more time helping students excel. - Dr. Gail Edwards, Principal and Chief Executive Officer ULGP Charter School
Pittsburgh, PA (PRWEB) February 16, 2010
Danelo Education Solutions, LLC, a provider of innovative educational software solutions for K-12 schools, today announced a beta test agreement with the Urban League of Greater Pittsburgh Charter School. During the second half of the 2009-2010 school year, the Urban League of Greater Pittsburgh Charter School will use Danelo’s Project TEACH suite of classroom management tools and provide feedback with the goal of enhancing the software’s functionality and usability.
Project TEACH (Together Everyone ACHieves) is a set of Internet-based classroom management tools that allows schools to:
- Save teachers time by enabling them to quickly and easily prepare lesson plans, assign homework, calculate and track grades, communicate with parents, etc. from any Internet-connected computer.
- Help improve students’ performance by providing parents, students and teachers with customized recommendations for addressing academic deficiencies. Project TEACH uses a unique, patent-pending process to analyze a student's performance against standards-based learning objectives and recommend only those third-party educational solutions that best fit the student’s needs.
- Increase parental involvement in their child’s education by providing easy access to critical information including grades, homework assignments and identified areas for academic improvement.
“Our school is committed to ensuring that every staff member and student has the tools and support necessary to achieve academic excellence,” said Dr. Gail Edwards, Principal and Chief Executive Officer of the Urban League of Greater Pittsburgh Charter School. “The efficiencies that can be gained by using Project TEACH will allow our teachers to spend less time on administrative duties and more time helping students excel. In addition, by improving channels of communication between parents and school staff, it becomes easier for parents to get more involved in their child’s education.”
Project TEACH is expected to be released for general availability in time for the 2010-2011 school year. “Based on user feedback that we receive during the beta test program, we will add functionality to the product that enhances the user experience and provides additional student information that helps educators and parents to ensure students are receiving the best education possible,” said Daniel Gonzalez, president and founder of Danelo Education Solutions.
About Danelo Education Solutions
Danelo Education Solutions, LLC was founded in 2009 to provide intuitive, informative and accessible software products to unite parents, educators and students in their common goal of providing or receiving a quality education. The company’s first product, Project TEACH (Together Everyone ACHieves), is an Internet-based system that will encourage and improve communications between parents, educators and students. The company is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA. Additional information can be found at http://www.daneloed.com.
About Urban League of Greater Pittsburgh Charter School
The Urban League of Greater Pittsburgh Charter School is a Kindergarten through Fifth Grade, Middle States Accredited school emphasizing math and science integrated with computer technology. The school provides:
- Learning support for special needs students.
- Dramatic theater.
- Dynamic 215-day school year with summer enrichment activities.
- YMCA after school program.
- Partnerships with public and private schools.
The mission of the Urban League of Greater Pittsburgh Charter School is to provide superior education that will develop in our students' academic excellence, leadership skills, and high social values that will enable them to ultimately become positive contributors to the community in which they live, and to society as a whole. The vision of the Urban League of Greater Pittsburgh Charter School is to create a comprehensive, challenging curriculum for a model school learning environment that will produce exceptionally high achieving, well rounded students. Additional information can be found at http://www.ulpgh.org/programs/charter.asp.