MENG’s ongoing mission is to be the indispensible community for senior-level marketers and this new Council helps support this goal.
Old Saybrook, CT (PRWEB) February 16, 2010
The Marketing Executives Networking Group (MENG) today announced that it has formed a Social Media Council of Advisors to provide strategic guidance on social media trends and issues to the MENG Board and its membership of nearly 2000 executive marketers. The members of this Council are nationally-recognized for their expertise in online communities, blogs, content marketing and many other areas of social media in business, government and consumer marketing settings.
"MENG's ongoing mission is to be the indispensable community for senior-level marketers and this new Council helps support this goal," said Richard Sellers, Chairman of MENG and Founder of Demand Marketing. "We're delighted these impressive individuals are willing to share their expertise with the Board and our members."
As social media marketing continues to rapidly evolve, executive marketers face critical decisions on how to best utilize and fit these new mediums, tools and channels into their overall marketing mix to further engage their respective customers, prospects, investors, partners, media, peers, employees and other important constituencies.
"I am excited about the opportunity to collaborate with my colleagues on the Council and give back to this great community," said Paul Dunay, MENG member and charter member of the Council. "I appreciate the recognition by MENG of the strategic importance of Social Media and its implications on all facets of marketing. It is truly a fitting group to represent thought leadership in this important new field."
Members of the newly commissioned MENG Social Media Council of Advisors include:
- Mack Collier (http://mackcollier.com/): Social Media Consultant, author of the highly regarded "Viral Garden" blog, a recent winner in MENG's survey of "Top 20 Blogs Marketing Executives Actually Read," and Moderator of Blog Chat on Twitter (#blogchat);
- Paul Dunay (http://pauldunay.com/): Global Managing Director of Services and Social Marketing for Avaya, author of "Facebook Marketing for Dummies" (Wiley 2009) and a BtoB Magazine Top 25 B2B Marketer of the Year for 2009;
- Beth Harte (http://www.theharteofmarketing.com/): Community Manager for MarketingProfs; Adjunct marketing & PR professor; professional speaker, blogger for the MarketingProfs DailyFix Blog, and author of The Harte of Marketing, a blog focused on integrated marketing & communications;
- Drew McLellan (http://www.drewsmarketingminute.com/): Top Dog at McLellan Marketing Group and a renowned branding expert; author of the award-winning Drew's Marketing Minute Blog, Co-Author of "The Age of Conversation," "The Age of Conversation 2" and Author of "99.3 Random Acts of Marketing;"
- Amber Naslund (http://altitudebranding.com/): Director of Community for Radian6 social media monitoring, professional speaker, and author of Altitude Branding, one of Forbes' Top 20 Social Media Blogs by Women; and
- Joe Pulizzi (http://joepulizzi.com/): Founder of Junta42, the leading content marketing resource, and Co-Author of "Get Content Get Customers", considered the Handbook for Content Marketing.
The Marketing Executives Networking Group (MENG) is the premiere international community of executive-level marketers who share their passion and expertise to ensure each member's success. This not-for-profit organization of nearly 2,000 members fosters career and personal success across virtually all industries and marketing specialties by providing networking opportunities and the ability to share knowledge and best practices. Members must have reached at least the VP level in their organization. Eighty four percent of members have Fortune 500 experience and 70% have earned graduate degrees. To learn more about MENG, post executive level marketing positions, or to access MENG's database of marketing executives, speakers and consultants, visit http://www.MENGonline.com. MENG can also be found on Twitter at http://www.Twitter.com/MENGonline.