“Schools are a major consideration when we buy land to build our developments,” said Jeremy Hipkiss, Head of Sales and Marketing at Barratt Homes.
(PRWEB) February 16, 2010
SOME 32 per cent of prospective homebuyers say that proximity to a good school is an important factor when buying a new property, according to customer research from Barratt Homes.
So now Britain's leading housebuilder has teamed-up with the Good Schools Guide to give parents who are looking for a new home the opportunity to research the best schools in the catchment area at the same time.
Visitors to http://www.barratthomes.co.uk simply enter a location, postcode or the name of the development in which they are interested and then have the option of asking for more information on nearby schools.
The Good Schools Guide search engine then generates a list of the nearest schools. Parents can filter the search by age-range (nursery, primary and secondary) or type (mainstream and special needs).
By clicking on a school's name, parents can instantly access details such as the number of pupils and the percentages passing exams in English, Maths and Science as well as Key Stage 2 statistics. For those who want to find out more in-depth information, the school's website and contact details are also listed.
Written by parents for parents, the Good Schools Guide is widely recognised as one of the most authoritative and independent education resources available today.
"Schools are a major consideration when we buy land to build our developments," said Jeremy Hipkiss, Head of Sales and Marketing at Barratt Homes.
"We understand that parents want the very best for their children and that often it's the school that dictates where they live - not the other way round."
"We are introducing this service now because parents who plan to move in time for the new school year often start house-hunting during the Spring selling season. We believe that our school-finder will give them a head start."
Barratt Homes is part of Barratt Developments PLC, and have a number of new homes available throughout the country. For further information on current available properties, please call the sales team on 0844 5566166 or visit http://www.barratthomes.co.uk/Find-A-Home/.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
1) Barratt Group is expected to build 12,000 homes in the current financial year, making it the biggest housebuilder by volume in Britain.
2) Barratt Group was the only major housebuilder to be given a four star rating - its highest ever score - in 2009's HBF Customer Satisfaction Survey.
3) In 2009 site managers working for Barratt Group won the highest number of NHBC Pride in the Job Quality Awards for a record fifth consecutive year.
4) Barratt Group is the only housebuilder to guarantee the fixtures and fittings in place at the time of purchase of its new homes for five years.
5) Barratt Group is also one of Britain's foremost sustainable housebuilders. It has now started on site at the Hanham Hall development near Bristol which will be the first Code for Sustainable Homes Level 6 community in the UK when it is completed in 2011.
6) Images of a selection of developments are available to the media at http://www.barrattdevelopments.co.uk/media/photographs/barratthomes/