"Meebo is excited to deliver an app for iPhone and iPod touch that is fast to load and fun to use," said Seth Sternberg, founder and CEO, Meebo.
Mountain View, CA (PRWEB) February 16, 2010
Meebo, the company that enables real-time social interactions, today announced its Meebo App for iPhone and iPod touch is now available from the App Store. Meebo lets users chat with their buddies on every major Instant Messaging (IM) and social network in a single buddy list.
"Meebo is excited to deliver an app for iPhone and iPod touch that is fast to load and fun to use," said Seth Sternberg, founder and CEO, Meebo. "We can’t wait to start reading the reviews and hearing directly from users about their experience running the Meebo App.”
Optimized for speed, simplicity and performance the Meebo App offers a best-of-breed chat experience for consumers, backed by the company's 4+ years of experience in the real-time messaging space:
- Log into Meebo and your online buddies load speedily on your buddy list. Access contacts on AIM, Gmail, Facebook, Myspace, and other major social services.
- Receive push notifications when you get a new IM, even when the app is closed. Tapping the notification instantly launches Meebo so you can reply to the message.
- Select a buddy to initiate a conversation, view profile info, or check their status message. Manage multiple conversations simultaneously with the flick of a finger.
- Switch to landscape mode for easy communication with a wider keyboard.
- Post a status message to keep your buddies up to date. Set your presence to “Invisible” or “Away,” and then switch back to “Available” mode while online.
- Seamlessly manage your chat sessions as you switch back and forth between the Meebo App on iPhone or iPod touch and meebo.com.
- Keep your chat history in sync between your iPhone or iPod touch and meebo.com so you can view your complete chat history whenever you like, wherever you like.
The Meebo app is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at http://www.itunes.com/appstore/.
For more information about working with Meebo, please visit business.meebo.com.
With over 100 million people sharing over 6 billion messages and 75 million links every month, Meebo is one of the Web's fastest growing social media companies. Founded in September 2005, Meebo enables real-time social interactions with instant messaging at meebo.com, on mobile, and on partner sites across the Web. Over 120 leading publishers use Meebo for their sites. Partners running Meebo measure increases in social sharing, audience growth, engagement, and revenue. Meebo is headquartered in Mountain View, CA.