(PRWEB) February 18, 2010
In response to families seeking healthy ways to raise their children - and also ways to support their communities and the environment - Green Parents Network announces the Green Family Festival, hosted by Chicago's Irish American Heritage Center, on April 17-18, 2010. The Green Family Festival (http://www.greenfamilyfestivals.com) will feature lots of fun activities and practical information in a wholesome, affordable atmosphere designed for families with children of all ages.
“Moms and dads want to raise their children in the healthiest possible way, and we have assembled hundreds of resources for families at the beautiful Irish American Heritage Center for this Earth Day celebration,” said Mary Beth Rebedeau, founder of the Green Parents Network (http://greenparentsnetwork.com ), co-producer of the event.
Activity areas throughout the Irish American Heritage Center (http://Irish-American.org )will feature panel presentations, healthy cooking demonstrations, art projects, music, interactive activities, and exercise, reading, and other fun stuff for both grown-ups and children. Over 100 suppliers of wholesome, natural products and services will be on hand for discussion and demonstration.
Throughout the week-end, families will be able to exchange information, learn about, and enjoy –
- art, music, exercise, dance, and other healthy activities
- organic, locally grown food
- workshops on organic gardening - natural lawn care, worm composting, and wildlife
- yoga, dance, massage, meditation, tai chi and other beneficial, fun fitness and bodywork for kids and families
- non-toxic personal care products
- cleaning products made without harmful chemicals
- tips on building and remodeling incorporating the latest energy efficient and sustainable materials
- holistic medicine exploring alternative, integrative, and supplemental medical treatments
- alternative eco conscious energy sources like solar power and hybrid cars
- holistic pet care
- holistic dentistry
- and entertainment - singing, dancing, and interactive projects - for everyone!
The Irish American Heritage Center, located at 4626 North Knox Avenue in Chicago, is a beautiful, turn of the century former school with free parking and easy access, just a few blocks from the Kennedy Expressway. Visit http://Irish-American.org for more info.
Green Parents Network - http://greenparentsnetwork.com - is an online community of 2000+ families who share tips, learn from each other, and enjoy a relaxed setting that helps families and homes to be healthier, happier, and more balanced. It's where green families meet!
The hours are Saturday, April 17, 10:00AM – 6:00PM and Sunday, April 18, 10:00AM – 5:00PM. The cost is to attend is $5.00 per family OR a canned food donation for the Green Family Festival / Catholic Charities Food Drive. Plenty of free parking available!
Green Family Festival will offer several areas for families with disabled members, including a quiet, calming room and diaper changing facilities for larger people. The Irish American Heritage Center is completely handicapped accessible.
For the most up to date information, visit http://www.greenfamilyfestivals.com . If you’re interested in sponsorship / exhibiting, speaking, and/or volunteering, visit the web site, or call Mary Beth Rebedeau at (708)361-6000, cell (312)488-1008, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Chicago’s Green Family Festival is co-produced by Green Family Network and the Irish American Heritage Center.