Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) February 23, 2010
Netbooks and mini computers emerged as the most coveted gifts during the recent unusually challenging holiday shopping season and have not lost in popularity since. Given their relative affordability and appealing travel-friendly size, the sales of the smallest PCs have risen steadily to now account for 26 percent of all computer sales compared with just five percent a year ago, according to the IDC Worldwide Quarterly PC Tracker. As this trend continues to accelerate, iolo technologies’ System Mechanic provides key tools to maximize performance, minimize problems, and keep the smallest portables running like new for longer.
System Mechanic is the #1 best-selling PC tune-up software in the US, Canada, France, and the Benelux countries and is used by more than 23 million consumers to fix more than 70 million computers of all shapes and sizes worldwide. With more than 40 advanced tools, a range of options to satisfy both novice and expert users, and industry-first Tune-Up Definitions that deliver weekly updates on how to resolve the latest causes of PC slowdowns, System Mechanic provides netbook users a comprehensive, easy-to-use and affordable solution for getting the best performance and longest life out of their lean machines.
“Given the netbooks’ and minis’ limited amount of space and memory, there’s no room for performance-draining clog, clutter and waste,” said JJ Schoch, VP of marketing at iolo technologies. “Netbook users are looking for speed, reliability and convenience. While the average desktops are discarded after only 30 months due primarily to an avoidable degradation of performance, netbooks and minis – with more limited resources – are even more susceptible to early user discontent if not tuned-up regularly. System Mechanic is specifically designed to keep those machines consistently responsive and reliable, and help netbook users get the most out of their purchase.”
Some of the essential tools offered by System Mechanic for netbooks’ and minis’ users include:
- EnergyBooster™: While netbooks inevitably trade some speed for their appealing size, System Mechanic helps them maximize the available resources. By temporarily shutting down unneeded programs and processes, Energy Booster can provide netbook users with maximum performance and speed for memory-intensive programs, making seemingly impossible tasks such as watching movies or playing games feasible even on netbooks.
- Total Registry Revitalizer™: Corrupt registry settings left behind by deleted drivers and programs can cause error messages, slow startup times and program crashes, which can be particularly dangerous given netbooks’ relatively weaker processor power. System Mechanic fine-tunes and repairs the registry for an error-free, responsive and speedy netbook experience.
- StartUp Optimizer™: With less power, netbooks can take longer to start up, particularly when cluttered with unnecessary or hidden start-up programs. System Mechanic cleans out unneeded start-up items for boot times that can rival even the fastest desktop computers.
- Memory Mechanic®: PCs with even several gigabytes of memory can feel limited if it becomes fragmented and compromised by memory leaks caused by sloppy programs. System Mechanic defragments and restores lost memory in real time for immediately noticeable speed and responsiveness improvements.
- Privacy Cleaner™: With the ultra-portability of netbooks, privacy concerns are amplified as their users constantly connect and disconnect from various public networks. System Mechanic uses military-grade standards to clean up potentially dangerous and privacy-compromising breadcrumbs left behind as you surf the web.
A great follow-up to any netbook purchase that can speed up its operation and extend its life, System Mechanic is available for $49.95 from http://www.iolo.com and all popular online and retail stores. One license can be used on up to three computers, and it supports both 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows XP, Windows 7 and Vista.
ABOUT SYSTEM MECHANIC
System Mechanic is an award-winning PC tune-up suite designed to fix, speed up and maintain PCs so they run like new forever. Currently the #1 best selling PC tune-up product in the US, Canada, UK, France, and the Benelux region according to NPD and similar sources, System Mechanic® is used by more than 23 million consumers worldwide to keep nearly 70 million computers running at peak performance. As the only tune-up software to include iolo’s industry-first Tune-up Definitions, as well as its patent-pending ActiveCare® automatic maintenance technology, System Mechanic 9.5 represents a new, smarter approach to PC tune-up.
ABOUT IOLO TECHNOLOGIES
Crowned the Fastest-Growing Company in the United States for 2009 by the American Business Awards, iolo technologies, LLC (http://www.iolo.com) produces award-winning software that repairs, optimizes, and protects Windows computers. Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Los Angeles, iolo has presence in 33 countries, more than 23 million users worldwide, and hundreds of awards from industry analysts and media. The iolo product line includes System Mechanic®, the #1 best-selling PC tune-up software; System Mechanic Professional®, an all-in-one suite of both PC tune-up and security tools; Search and Recover™, a powerful data recovery tool for retrieving deleted files and photos; DriveScrubber®, the #1 best-selling utility for permanently erasing data from hard drives; as well as System Shield®, and iolo AntiVirus™, Internet security software. For more information see http://www.iolo.com.
# # #