At the same time our members' expectations are greater than ever and that is why we want to continue to provide Sites with first-class facilities, which we can all be extremely proud of.
(PRWeb UK) February 23, 2010
The Camping and Caravanning Club has revealed exciting re-development plans which will position its Site network amongst the best in the country by 2015.
After 18 months of thorough investigative research, The Friendly Club will invest £29 million over the next five years to bring its 110-strong Site network up to Club benchmark standard.
The project, which has seen a 100 per cent increase in investment compared to the previous five years, is being self-funded and will follow a strategically considered growth plan.
Re-development work has already begun in earnest at eight of The Club’s Sites (Cannock Chase, Crowden, Hayfield, Oban, Scone, Tarland, Theobalds Park and Winchcombe) whilst the finishing touches are also being put to the new Site at Gulliver’s Milton Keynes ahead of its Easter opening.
Sites Director Bob Hill is understandably excited about the five-year plan and said: “As The Club has evolved, we have seen huge growth in terms of pitch nights sold, which in turn has placed extra demand on Sites and generated more wear and tear.
“At the same time our members’ expectations are greater than ever and that is why we want to continue to provide Sites with first-class facilities, which we can all be extremely proud of.”
The Club has seen an 18 per cent increase in pitch nights sold over the last two years.
The majority of the work, which will include improvements to hard-standings, electric hook-ups, road surfaces, amenity blocks and staff facilities to name but a few, will be undertaken during the winter with minimal disruption being caused in the summer season.
Hill added: “The Club is in an extremely healthy position at the moment and whilst we have been sensible with our financial projections, now is the right time to act and take our Site network to that next level.”
Last year, The Club recruited over 64,000 new members– a 24 per cent increase on 2008, whilst The Friendly Club’s highest ever monthly recruitment figure came back in July, when a staggering 9,570 new members signed up.
The Club now has over 480,000 adult members, and reached a landmark membership figure of 250,000 households in August.
For further media information or images, please contact:
Jon Dale, 024 7647 5204 firstname.lastname@example.org
Matthew Eastlake, 024 7647 5030 email@example.com
1. The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 20 Camping and Caravanning Touring Sites and six Cabin Sites.
2. http://www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
3. National awards include:
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Verwood Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Inverewe Gardens Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Horsley Club Site (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Delamont Country Park (Silver)
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site