It makes even greater sense for organizations that are interested in achieving sustainable results because it's simply not possible to cost-cut your way to lower healthcare expenses over the long term -- not with the price of healthcare rising so steeply every year.
Shelton, CT (PRWEB) February 23, 2010
Clients of LifeCare®, Inc., have a unique new weapon to combat rising healthcare costs and chronic illness: Total Health Solutions℠, a comprehensive wellness program that differs significantly from other wellness programs in terms of its reach, its delivery method and the science supporting it. Rolled out to 11 clients earlier this year, Total Health Solutions is the culmination of LifeCare's 25-year history of providing health and productivity solutions to thousands of organizations and millions of individuals nationwide.
Total Health Solutions is designed to reduce healthcare costs, decrease absenteeism and diminish health-related productivity losses, and it is the only wellness program to combine three key features:
1. Universal Engagement -- Total Health Solutions engages every member of an organization, including family members, with personalized wellness plans and resources. No matter what level of risk or readiness-to-change stage an individual might be at, Total Health Solutions delivers the right resources at the right time.
2. High-Tech, High-Touch Case Management -- LifeCare created proprietary technology and case management platforms specifically for Total Health Solutions, enabling an unprecedented level of interaction and support for members. With each interaction, LifeCare learns more about members' needs and is better able to guide their progress and anticipate their challenges. LifeCare's technology also enables it to deliver best-in-class reporting regarding member behaviors, utilization rates, goals achieved and areas of opportunity.
3. Evidence-Based Lifestyle Management Programs -- Rooted in the Transtheoretical Model of Behavior Change, Total Health Solutions' lifestyle management programs have proven to be up to three times more effective at reducing costs and lowering risks than other lifestyle programs. The Total Health Solutions programs are supported by 30 years of research and clinical trials.
"Total Health Solutions is unique among wellness programs because of its comprehensiveness, the way it's delivered, and the science supporting it," said LifeCare CEO, Peter G. Burki. "In addition, Total Health Solutions addresses all aspects of health -- physical, emotional, financial and beyond. And because we actually reach every individual within our client organizations, we're able to create a genuine culture of wellness, one that permeates the entire organization. Total Health Solutions touches everyone -- from the healthy to the chronically ill at all stages of readiness to change and at all levels of risk. No other wellness program is so encompassing or inclusive."
Burki added that Total Health Solutions represents more than a year's worth of collaboration with Dr. James Prochaska, renowned behavior change expert and creator of the Transtheoretical Model of Behavior Change, as well as valuable input from a host of clients and wellness authorities.
Total Health Solutions offers the following components, which can be delivered as a whole or in any combination:
- Health assessments
- Self-guided lifestyle management programs
- Telephonic lifestyle management programs
- Biometric screenings
- Incentive management
"Smart organizations know that treating illness is expensive. It takes a much smaller investment to keep people healthy, so a program like Total Health Solutions makes terrific business sense," said Burki. "It makes even greater sense for organizations that are interested in achieving sustainable results because it's simply not possible to cost-cut your way to lower healthcare expenses over the long term -- not with the price of healthcare rising so steeply every year."
About LifeCare®, Inc.
LifeCare is a leading provider of health and productivity solutions for employers nationwide, offering cost-saving benefits that help clients reduce their most pervasive absenteeism and productivity drains, including child and elder care, caregiving support, health and wellness issues, and more. For more than two decades, LifeCare has led the work/life industry in the creation of high-quality, results-oriented programs designed to improve clients' bottom lines. LifeCare serves 1,500 client companies with 4.5 million individuals within corporations, health plans, government agencies and unions. For more information, visit http://www.lifecare.com.
Notes to Editors
LifeCare's CEO, Peter G. Burki, is available for interview.
Media Contact: Michael Civiello; 203-291-3756
This press release was distributed through PR Web by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: http://www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.