Sydney, Australia (PRWEB) February 24, 2010
InterfaceFLOR have just launched System 6+ (http://www.interfaceflor.com.au/Projects/Health_and_Aged_Care/System_6_.aspx), a new range of flooring specifically designed for Health and Aged Care. The collection aims to promote inspired healing, through an increase in staff and patient comfort and wellbeing, and an infinite array of design options.
Healing from Biophilia
Humans have evolved for life in an outdoor environment - it is from this principle that scientists believe natural colours, patterns and sounds have the potential to help people recover from surgery, tolerate pain better, maintain a general sense of wellbeing and handle stress well. The System 6+ range uses colours and patterns designed for their resemblance to those found in nature to capitalize on this principle.
Advantages of System 6+
InterfaceFLOR's System 6+ collection solves a range of problems related to carpet usage in Health and Aged Care environments, and in many cases betters vinyl flooring. The collection is:
- 100% impermeable: Each seam is bonded to the next creating a continuous sheet. This impermeability is third-party verified.
- Antimicrobial: The System 6+ range incorporates InterfaceFLOR's patented Intersept system, eliminating over 99% of bacteria.
- Sustainable and GECA certified: The System 6+ collection contains at least 50% recycled material, and is made under carbon neutral operations.
- Approved by the National Asthma Council: InterfaceFLOR is the only tufted carpet manufacturer endorsed under the Sensitive Choice program.
- Rated commercial heavy duty by the ACCS
"We believe that as architects, designers and health facility managers become aware of the System 6+ range and its benefits, it will really start to take off", said Trish Rosen, BDM for Healthcare at InterfaceFLOR.
"But more importantly, patients and healthcare staff, often under massive stress, will start healing quicker and feeling that their healthcare facility is a pleasant place to be", Trish Rosen continued.
Compared to vinyl flooring, InterfaceFLOR's System 6+ range offers:
- Improved indoor air quality (trapping allergens and reducing odours)
- Better acoustics
- Slip and fall prevention
- Anti-fatigue properties for staff
InterfaceFLOR manufactures an innovative, technologically-driven range of carpet as well as design and installation services for their flooring products. InterfaceFLOR is committed to environmental sustainability; their aim is to create a zero environmental footprint preserving the natural living systems of our Earth. A natural innovator with over 35 years in the industry, InterfaceFLOR is a global design leader in carpet. For more information please visit http://www.interfaceflor.com.au
For more information, please contact
+61 (02) 8332 2400