Fort Lauderdale, FL (PRWEB) February 23, 2010
Community leaders and renowned artists to attend launch event at the General Consulate of Colombia.
Who: Baptist Health International Center of Miami
What: Pintando Together Kick-off Event
Where: General Consulate of Colombia. 280 Aragon Avenue, Coral Gables FL 33134
When: Thursday, February 25, 2010 5:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Baptist Health International Center of Miami will host the fundraiser Pintando Together for the first time in Miami on Tuesday, March 23, 2010 at the Biltmore Hotel. Pintando Together is the next generation of Baptist Health’s annual Pintemos Juntos por Colombia, considered the most important fundraiser in Bogotá since its inception in 2004. Baptist Health International Center of Miami along with the General Consulate of Colombia will host a kick-off reception on Thursday, February 25, for this new and exciting event in South Florida to take place in March of 2010.
“We developed Pintemos Juntos por Colombia to show our appreciation to the Colombian community for selecting Baptist Health as their preferred U.S. healthcare network,” said Antonio Briceño, M.D., assistant vice president and chief medical officer of the Baptist Health International Center of Miami. Said event organizer Teresa Daly: “Our goal in bringing Pintando Together to Miami is to expand the power of this initiative, that has had such success in Colombia, to other communities in need in Latin America.”
This unique and highly popular fundraising event pairs renowned international artists from throughout Latin America with respected and socially conscious community figures, including government leaders, diplomats, business leaders and celebrities, to create works of art for auction.
Proceeds from this year’s auction will go to Corporación Matamoros, a nonprofit organization that seeks to support and reinstate police officers and military personnel injured in action while combating guerilla violence. The program also supports the wives and children of the fallen, helping them to acquire an education so they can take an active role in their communities.
Past participants of PINTEMOS JUNTOS por COLOMBIA include Colombian President, Álvaro Uribe Vélez, Colombian Ambassador to the U.S. Carolina Barco and singer Carlos Vives, as well as artists Fernando Botero, David Manzur, Armando Villegas and Carlos Jacanamijoy. This year’s participants include:
- Bernardo Fort-Brescia, chief executive officer, Arquitectonica and Fernando De Szyszlo
- Dr. César Gaviria, former secretary seneral of the OAS (and former president of Colombia) and Hugo Zapata
- Diego Robledo, photographer and Tata Navia
- Eduardo Padrón (president of Miami Dade College) and Gustavo Acosta
- George Foyo, executive vice president & chief administrative officer of Baptist Health and Tutua Boshell de Alvarado
- Horacio Aguirre, founder, Diario de las Américas and Mariadilia Caracas
- Jeb Bush, former governor of Florida and Romero Britto
- Jorge Arrizurieta, president, Arrizurieta & Associates and Jorge Cavelier
- Juan Carlos Bermúdez, mayor, City of Doral and Humberto Calzada
- Juan Cento, president, FedEx and Carlos Luna
- Juan Pablo Montoya, Formula 1 driver and Francisco Mejía Guinand
- Julio Robaina, mayor, City of Hialeah and Gustavo Ocampo Silva
- Luis A. Moreno, president, IDB and Magaby Cabreio
- Michael Bulnes, chief executive officer, Revista Selecta and Gustavo Marino
- Fanny and Emily Wilde and Victoria Quijano
Colombian journalist Patricia Janiot of CNN will participate with the celebrated painter Edwin Gil as will a number of renowned artists such as Julio Larraz.
The goal is to raise between $350,000 and $400,000 by auctioning 30 to 35 pieces of art at the March 23 reception at the Biltmore Hotel.
About Baptist Health South Florida
Baptist Health South Florida is the largest faith-based, not-for-profit healthcare organization in the region. Baptist Health includes Baptist Hospital of Miami, Baptist Children's Hospital, South Miami Hospital, Homestead Hospital, Mariners Hospital, Doctors Hospital, Baptist Cardiac & Vascular Institute and Baptist Outpatient Services. Baptist Health Foundation, the organization’s fundraising arm, supports services at all hospitals and facilities affiliated with Baptist Health South Florida.
Baptist Health International Center of Miami is dedicated to providing for all of the our international patients’ medical needs, including hospital admissions, outpatient testing and physician consultations, as well as personal needs such as travel and accommodations coordination.
# # #