San Jose, CA (PRWEB) February 23, 2010
Cinequest, long known for presenting the future of film, continues to deliver firsts during its 20th Anniversary. Beginning on Opening Night, Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2010, Cinequest will showcase cutting-edge innovations and deliver a global experience with visitors from 45 countries, bringing a unique opportunity for Bay Area communities to gather, grow and connect with the world. In the spirit of discovery, Cinequest will also shine a spotlight on the spectacular emerging, local and international stars and directors destined to change the face of film, including:
- THE HOUSE OF BRANCHING LOVE attending artist: star Anna Easteden
Raised on a dairy farm, Anna Easteden’s career as a global fashion model took off at the age of 12 as she received an international modeling contract and appeared in advertising campaigns forinternational corporations such as Sony, and Phillips. Within the humanitarian arena, Easteden conducted a comparative legal research study on the different aspects of asylum procedures in selected European countries for United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and was involved herself in the "Citizen Campaign OK '98" for free and fair elections in Bratislava.
- THIRD WORLD attending artists: Director César Caro Cruz & Producer Ana Lucía Jiménez
A passionate and adventurous co-production between Chile and Costa Rica, a visually stunning science fiction story that has already garnered the award for Best Central American Fiction Feature Film in Icaro (Guatemala).
- GABI ON THE ROOF IN JULY attending artists: stars Lawrence Levine & Sophia Takal
With their frankness about sexuality amongst young people, Gabi on the Roof in July stars give brave performances to create a highly indelible and humorous tale of life in New York that will resonate with audiences.
- FRICTION attending artist: Director Cullen Hoback
Discovered right here at Cinequest, Cullen Hoback took the festival by storm with the runaway hit Monster Camp, which won the Audience Favorite for Best Documentary when it had its World Premiere at Cinequest, and has since gone on to many festivals and picked up for distribution.
- SUPER HERO PARTY CLOWN attending artists: actors Shelby Barnes, Randy Blair, and Zack Sutherland
At Cinequest 18, Mark Tran showcased his first feature All About Dad to audiences as a test screening. A year later, it made its world premiere at Cinequest and went on to win the Audience Award, and was recently named one of the top ten films made by an Asian-American director in 2009. Now, Cinequest brings audiences a test screening of Super Hero Party Clown, directed by Jeremy Inman and starring Shelby Barnes, Randy Blair, and Zack Sutherland, thus continuing its tradition of empowering and discovering new and emerging artists in the film industry.
EXPERIENCE NEW INNOVATIONS AT CINEQUEST FILM FESTIVAL 20
Cinequest partners with groundbreaking technology companies such as Intel, Panasonic and HP to present a dynamic and engaging festival experience for all film lovers. Festival goers can participate in a truly “hands on” experience this year with HP TouchSmarts loaded with a touch-enabled Cinequest Film Festival official guide and a video capture and sharing application enabling attendees to instantly connect and share their festival experiences; Cinequest Phone Flick Contest & Sweepstakes presented by SanDisk, a contest empowering Cinequest 20 filmmakers to use their creativity to create a 60-second film on a video capable mobile phone; engage in powerful and informative Maverick Artist & Innovator Forums giving filmmakers and film lovers an inside look at the technology innovations that drive creativity; experience Cinequest’s first ever 3D Showcase presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, and more. Additionally, Cinequest maintains its position of being the first all digital premiere event by exhibiting all digital formats from HD to 3D via state-of-the-art servers and projectors.
NEW WAYS TO CONNECT
Cinequest brings artists, film lovers, and innovators from all over the world together to promote an atmosphere of connectivity. Cinequest hosts VIP Soirees— an electrifying happy hour each night of the festival where artists and industry leaders can meet and connect.
Ticket, event and schedule information:
- Complete lineup and schedule at http://www.cinequest.org.
- Tickets and passes may be purchased by phone (408) 295-FEST (3378) or online at http://www.cinequest.org.
- Sophisticated Blackberry and iPhone applications at http://www.cinequest.org/mobile or simply by logging onto http://www.cinequest.org via your mobile device.
- Press releases and media guides at http://www.cinequest.org/press_room.php.
Empowering the Maverick http://www.cinequest.org
Cinequest empowers Maverick discovery, innovation, education and production via:
- Cinequest Mavericks Studio: producing and distributing A-list movies, episodic television and new media.
- Picture the Possibilities: empowering underserved youth with innovative tools, mentors and training needed to turn their stories into film, while challenging them to drive change in their local community and around the world.
- Cinequest Film Festival 20, February 23 – March 7, 2010: discovering Maverick films and innovations while connecting artists, innovators and film lovers.