Technology for the greater good.
San Jose, CA (PRWEB) February 25, 2010
Cinequest proudly presents the inspirational film The Real Revolutionaries on Thursday, Feb. 25 at the California Theatre at 7 p.m., with a special panel discussion to follow that will include the unofficial founders of the Silicon Valley in addition to top business and technology experts. Celebrating its World premiere, The Real Revolutionaries documents the compelling story of Robert Noyce, Gordon Moore, and the “Fairchild Eight” as they built the Silicon Valley from the ground up and became the driving force behind the digital age. Destined to change the world through technological innovations, these magnificent individuals re-invented the American Dream, creating “Technology for the greater good.”
Following the screening, audiences will have the opportunity to engage in an inspiring conversation with world changers and key innovators from the Silicon Valley including:
- Julius Blank- Semiconductor pioneer and one of the “Fairchild Eight”
- Federico Faggin- Lead designer of the first microprocessor
- Leslie Berlin- Project Historian for the Silicon Valley Archives at Stanford. Her biography of Robert Noyce is called The Man Behind the Microchip: Robert Noyce and the Invention of Silicon Valley.
- Michael S. Malone- High tech's first daily reporter, author or co-author of 16 books, ABC columnist and former editor of Forbes ASAP
- Morgan Sackett- Producer of The Real Revolutionaries (Producer of Seinfield)
- Paul Crowder- Director of The Real Revolutionaries (Editor of Riding Giants, the acclaimed documentary about surfing)
- Mark Monroe- Writer of The Real Revolutionaries (Writer of the Oscar-nominated The Cove and The Tillman Story)
The conversation will be led by Scott Budman, business and technology reporter and anchor at NBC Bay Area.
Thursday, Feb. 25, 2010
California Theatre, San Jose, CA
Ticket, event and schedule information:
- Complete lineup and schedule at http://www.cinequest.org.
- Tickets and passes may be purchased by phone (408) 295-FEST (3378) or online at http://www.cinequest.org.
- Sophisticated Blackberry and iPhone applications at http://www.cinequest.org/mobile or simply by logging onto http://www.cinequest.org via your mobile device.
- Press releases and media guides at http://www.cinequest.org/press_room.php.
Cinequest Empowers the Maverick via:
- Cinequest Film Festival 20, February 23 – March 7, 2010: discovering Maverick films and innovations while connecting artists, innovators and film lovers.
- Cinequest Mavericks Studio: producing and distributing A-list movies, episodic television and new media.
- Picture the Possibilities: empowering underserved youth with innovative tools, mentors, and training needed to turn their stories into film: driving change in their local community and around the world.
# # #