London, UK (PRWeb UK) February 26, 2010
The University of London External System is hosting two Open Days in Bangladesh on Friday March 5th and Saturday March 6th. Anyone who would like to find out about studying in Bangladesh for a University of London degree is welcome to attend.
There are currently over 1,500 students in Bangladesh studying for a University of London degree via the External System. Anyone wishing to join them should come along to our open days on Friday March 5th from 15.00 – 18.00 hours at the Pan Pacific Sonargaon Hotel Dhaka, or Saturday March 6th from 10.00 – 12.30 at the British Council Offices, Dhaka.
University of London academics and admission staff will be on hand to give advice about the study programmes available in Bangladesh and how to make an application. Parents are welcome to attend and translators will be available.
Participating at the events will be a number of former students who can talk about their study experiences. They include Nasima Talukder Monmoon, who graduated in 2008 and is currently working in two roles, both as a Legal Secretary in a prominent law firm and as a Research Assistant in H. N. Associates, a Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company. She commented: ‘I would like to recommend the University of London LLB to enthusiastic students who wish to gain a prestigious UK degree, while staying at home and avoiding the high cost of studying overseas. This degree allows you to chase your aspirations, wherever in the globe you are.’
The University of London External System has just launched a scheme of recognition for institutions which teach our courses and operate within our quality assurance framework. The institutions in Bangladesh which provide teaching support for students will also be participating at the events.
The event details are as follows:
Friday March 5th
Time: 15.00 – 18.00 hours
Location: Pan Pacific Sonargaon Hotel
107 Kazi Nazrul Islam Avenue
Saturday March 6th
Time: 10.00 – 12.30 hours
Location: Entrance of British Council
British Council Offices
5 Fuller Road
Entry is free of charge.
The institutions in Bangladesh who are attending the events are:
Bhuiyan Academy, Dhaka
Dhaka Centre for Law and Economics, Dhaka
London College of Legal Studies Gulshan
London College of Legal Studies (South)
Newcastle Law Academy, Dhaka
Notes for Editors
- The University of London was established in 1836 and is one of the oldest, largest and most diverse universities in the UK. Its founding principle is to provide education for all, irrespective of race, creed or political belief.
- The University of London External System is the world’s oldest provider of degrees through distance and flexible learning. Our programmes have been accessible to students worldwide since 1858.
- Today, we have 45,000 students in every corner of the globe studying on more than 100 different programmes ranging from social sciences to law to health.
- Over 1,500 of our students are based in Bangladesh.
- Our global community of former students and alumni include seven Nobel Prize winners, leaders of Commonwealth countries, government ministers, renowned authors, academics, judges and business leaders.
- The External System’s reputation internationally continues to ensure our graduates are to be found in leading positions around the world.
For further information contact:
Head of Global Media and Public Relations
University of London External System
Tel: +44 (0)20 7862 8545 (office)
+44 (0)7920 476483 (mobile)