EmailBlastFlyer.com Offers Timely and Helpful Tips for Direct Email Marketing
EmailBlastFlyer.com has been designing multi-part custom flyers and managing detailed email address recipient results since 2005. As a service of Isabel Smith Art and Design, a graphic and web design studio, EmailBlastFlyer.com has expanded its services greatly since its inspiration to be a standard web site design feature to collect opt-in email addresses for future use. It is the hope that these tips will help sort out what a good email blast flyer delivery system could be.
FORT WALTON BEACH, FL (PRWEB) March 4, 2010
EmailBlastFlyer.com has offered custom designed flyers with email marketing management since 2005. Starting out as a simple opt-in address gathering option for web sites, EmailBlastFlyer.com has greatly expanded its services to include stand-alone custom designed email blast flyers with email marketing management, custom designed URL web link pages (information gathering forms, download document design, discount coupon design, flash presentation, video linking, etc.), html-only flyers and consultation. EmailBlastFlyer.com is now offering timely and helpful tips for direct email marketing.
EmailBlastFlyer.com suggests creating an email address list through networking, point of sale email gathering and strongly promoting web site opt-in subscriptions.
- EmailBlastFlyer.com suggests investing in a custom designed flyer. A custom designed flyer that represents the company well and delivers a clear and relevant message is less likely to be unsubscribed (opt-out) by the recipient.
- EmailBlastFlyer.com suggests that the time of day and frequency of sending each email blast flyer depends on the type of business and message. Tracking how many emails opened helps with this determination.
- EmailBlastFlyer.com suggests using email management that tracks how many recipients visit every URL web link. Good email management also gathers the specific email addresses of the recipients who clicked most URL web links.
- EmailBlastFlyer.com suggests using features like 'View Flyer Online', 'Send-to-Friend', and providing Safelist Instructions which help the recipient add the sender's email address to their email browser inbox folder. These features help recipients to see the flyer and also pass it along to someone else that might be interested in what the flyer says.
- In the same light, EmailBlastFlyer.com suggests sending email blast flyers in multi-part formats so that the flyer is received by both recipients who accept html-only formatted email or text-only formatted emails.
- EmailBlastflyer.com suggests sending html-only flyers to clubs or companies that will verify they install an unsubscribe option for their email address list and update the list. Real estate organizations do this through membership profile page options. Marketing companies do this by returning stats showing how many email addresses the flyer was delivered to, how many flyers arrived and how many flyers were opened. If you are not provided with stats on how many recipients clicked on the URL web links, it will be difficult to have a detailed profile of the recipient's interests.
- EmailBlastFlyer.com does not suggest sending email flyers without an unsubscribe option method put into place along with a timely way to update the email address list when an email address is unsubscribed.
- EmailBlastFlyer.com suggests segmenting an email address list when a specific message is going to apply to only a portion of the entire email address list. This is good for targeting specific geographic areas, for instance.
- EmailBlastFlyer.com suggests blasting your email flyers from a bulk host server rather than an email server or web host server. A bulk host server is compliant with the ever-changing requirements of the many Internet Service Providers such a Google, AOL, MSN-Live-Bing, Yahoo, Earthlink and many others. Using a bulk host server insures a higher email flyer delivery rate by getting past the many spam filters. EmailBlastFlyer.com suggests asking for the Spam-Assassin report for your email flyer before it gets sent.
- EmailBlastFlyer.com suggests using an email marketing service to send your flyers safely. Most companies can send hundreds of thousands of email flyers per hour as compared to the hours it takes to send email messages to "undisclosed-recipients'' from an individual's internet provider's mail server.
- EmailBlastFlyer.com suggests using URL web links to your social networking, RSS feeds, videos, more photos or information specific to the flyer, forms, discount coupons, relevant web sites, and making sure each link is tracked.
- EmailBlastFlyer.com suggests using an automatic responder system when gathering email addresses from the opted-in subscription feature on a web site page.
- For first time email address lists that need to be verified, EmailBlastFlyer.com suggests sending an email flyer out asking them to verify if they want to receive more emails from you. We suggest to still advertise your message, but to include the verification. After the list is established, segment it apart from any future first time email addresses and just use the normal unsubscribe option at the bottom of each flyer. Asking a repeat recipient over and over if they want to continue receiving emails from you may have a negative response.
- EmailBlastFlyer.com suggests not using companies that piggy-back their advertising on your email address list, unless they give you a discount rate to send your flyer to your recipients. The email blast flyer is about you, not the third party that is delivering your message.
Isabel Smith has offered the custom email blast flyer design and email management service (http://www.emailblastflyer.com) since 2005 and has based her views on experience. Experience means walking in the her client's shoes and coming up with ideas through design to help meet her client's goals. She has been in web design since 1996 and graphic design since 1978 (http://www.isabelsmith.com). She's been an artist all her life (http://izziartonline.com and http://www.countitalljoy.us). Her main goal is to tie design and marketing projects into affordable and effective packages. Isabel says, "I love what I do because I get great satisfaction from the actual creation of design and asking myself 'what comes next.' I want to share this skill by helping others advertise. EmailBlastFlyer.com started as an answer to what-came-next in web site design. The service provides interaction between companies and the individual through email delivery and has expanded to meet a lot of specific circumstances. The benefits to my clients are my skill set, my ability to interpret client need into design, and my respect to my client, to give the best work possible within their budget." Free consultation (850) 2447353 or email studio(at)isabelsmith(dot)com