Elmsford, N.Y. (PRWEB) March 1, 2010
Turtle Beach, the leaders in XBOX 360 gaming headsets, today announced its new Ear Force X11 stereo gaming headset for the XBOX 360 and PC gaming. Featuring vastly improved sound quality and an enhanced ergonomic design, the X11 embodies an attention to detail that characterizes the entire line of Ear Force headsets from Turtle Beach, making it ideal for playing popular XBOX® titles such as Battlefield Bad Company™ 2, Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2™, Call of Duty® Modern Warfare® 2, HALO® 3, Left 4 Dead® 2, Assassin’s Creed II, and Guitar Hero®.
“The X1 has been the XBOX gaming community’s favorite stereo headset for more than 3 years.” says Peter Ronick, Director of Marketing. “There is no other stereo gaming headset more widely used by XBOX 360 gamers than the X1—arguably the best-selling stereo XBOX gaming headset of all time. Now, the torch has been passed to the X11, a successor that might prove to be even more popular with an improved look, enhanced sound quality and comfort features at the same affordable price.”
Visually compatible with the Ear Force X31 and X41 wireless headsets, the X11 sports a black and white design motif with circum-aural ear cups, a deep-cushioned headband and long, adjustable boom mic. For added comfort, the ear cups have been made larger with deep fabric-mesh cushions that sit comfortably around the ears, allowing for enhanced game play for longer periods of time. An extra-long 16-foot cable makes it easy to move around the room while playing XBOX games. Features include:
- Independent volume controls for game and voice signals to balance XBOX LIVE® chat and stereo game sound.
- Large, acoustically-tuned ear cups with 40mm drivers produce superior audio with deep bass for all types of games, digital music, and entertainment.
- Integrated bass-boost makes explosions, gun shots and other deep-bass effects more dramatic by increasing the impact of low frequency sound cues.
- DC-coupled amplifiers provide super-wide bandwidth down to 0Hz while eliminating the distortion caused by speaker-coupling capacitors.
- A microphone with a rugged, oversized, flexible boom accurately reproduces the gamer’s voice during chat sessions.
- A microphone monitor keeps gamers from raising their voices louder than necessary and avoids the “under water” feeling that results when you can’t hear yourself speak.
While designed for the XBOX, the Ear Force X11 can also be used as a PC headset by virtue of its independent 3.5mm microphone and line audio plugs.
The Ear Force X11 headset has an MSRP of $59.95 and will be available at major US retailers including Best Buy, GameStop, Wal-Mart, Amazon, Newegg and at major Canadian retailers including Best Buy Canada and Future Shop, as well as from the Turtle Beach web site http://www.turtlebeach.com. Turtle Beach Ear Force headsets are distributed in Europe by Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. (AMEX/TSX: MCZ http://www.madcatz.com.)
Turtle Beach (http://www.turtlebeach.com) designs and markets high-quality audio peripherals for PC and video game platforms, including its growing line of Ear Force gaming headphones and headsets for XBOX and PS3™ game consoles and for personal computer games. Turtle Beach, with headquarters in Elmsford, New York, is a brand of Voyetra Turtle Beach, Inc., which has been at the forefront of music and audio technology for more than three decades and is recognized as a pioneer of today’s PC audio industry.
Turtle Beach and Ear Force are trademarks and registered trademarks of Voyetra Turtle Beach, Inc. XBOX, XBOX 360 and XBOX LIVE are registered trademarks of Microsoft, Corp. PS3 is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders and are hereby acknowledged.
Editor Note: Artwork is available at http://www.turtlebeach.com/press/artwork.aspx