ThreatRadar dramatically increases an enterprise’s ability to stop attacks by automatically adapting the defense so traffic from malicious sources can be blocked before an attack is attempted
Redwood Shores, CA (PRWeb UK) March 2, 2010
Imperva, the data security leader, today announced the general availability of ThreatRadar, a new add-on to Imperva’s market-leading Web Application Firewall (WAF) that provides automated, reputation-based defense against large scale industrialized cyber attacks.
“ThreatRadar dramatically increases an enterprise’s ability to stop attacks by automatically adapting the defense so traffic from malicious sources can be blocked before an attack is attempted,” explained Imperva’s CTO Amichai Shulman. “By harnessing the collective insight of the security community, ThreatRadar can block traffic from malicious sources. As attackers shift locations and techniques Imperva’s ThreatRadar-powered WAF delivers the broadest arsenal of defense capabilities available today.”
Anyone using ThreatRadar with Imperva’s WAF will have an effective means to mitigate:
- Mass SQL Injection attacks coming from botnets
- Several types of automated attacks such as Comment SPAM campaigns, scraping attacks, web email SPAM attacks
ThreatRadar specific ally provides protection against:
- Malicious sources: Up-to-date protection from sources that have repeatedly performed malicious activity on other web applications. Often part of the ten million plus botnet network they are executing attacks on behalf of remote hackers.
- Anonymous Proxies: Up-to-date protection from sources that are used as anonymous proxies. By hiding the identity of traffic sources, anonymous proxies are often exploited by hackers to launch attacks.
- The Onion Router, a.k.a., TOR IPs: Up-to-date protection from the TOR hacker network. Hackers use the TOR network to launch attacks without revealing their identity and location.
- Phishing URLs: Real time alerting on phishing incidents against your domain.
In addition, ThreatRadar will provide:
- IP Forensics Tool: A dynamic, web-based tool providing additional context on attackers, including geographic location and user profile, that takes the guesswork out of incident analysis.
- Ongoing threat updates–Imperva’s Application Defense Center (ADC) has researched and integrated credible attack source data providers to ensure protection accuracy and effectiveness. The ADC will continually update attack sources as an ongoing service.
Imperva, the Data Security leader, enables a complete security lifecycle for business databases and the applications that use them. More than 4,500 of the world’s leading enterprises, government organisations, and managed service providers rely on Imperva to prevent sensitive data theft, protect against data breaches, secure applications, and ensure data confidentiality. The award-winning Imperva SecureSphere is the only solution that delivers full activity monitoring from the database to the accountable application user and is recognised for its overall ease of management and deployment. For more information, visit http://www.imperva.com.
For further information, please contact:
+44 207 183 2834