We were very pleased with the 1262 responses we received back and how quickly they responded
Richardson, TX (PRWEB) March 3, 2010
For over 50 years National Write Your Congressman has encouraged responsible Americans to do exactly what their name states – “Write Your Congressman!” This week the non partisan organization, which is neither a lobby nor a special interest group, released the results of a member survey they conducted.
A series of questions were emailed to a random sampling of new and long term members from coast to coast. The objective was to try and take the pulse of the nation regarding responsible Americans’ attitude toward Congress
“We were very pleased with the 1262 responses we received back and how quickly they responded,” said Randy Ford, COO of NWYC. “Obviously, concerned citizens have a lot on their minds and they are anxious to share their opinions.”
The answers to these questions provided insight into why Americans write their elected officials. “What information do you search for on the NWYC website (http://www.nwyc.com)?” (check all that apply)
- 60% - Updates on the latest action Congress is taking
- 61% - Learn the truth about controversial bills
- 31% - Learn more about my elected officials
- 62% - Contact my lawmakers via Opinion Ballots
- 37% - Answers to my questions about pending legislation
- 35% - Updates on current political events happening in Washington D.C.
- 3% - To find out how much legislation is likely to cost me
“So much is taking place in our country today,” said Randy Ford, “that we thought it would be a good idea to ask a question that measured their sense of government responsibility. After all, our Founding Fathers had a vision for our government to be guided by ‘we the people.’”
“Which option most closely matches your main reason for joining NWYC?” (check all that apply)
- 37% - It is my responsibility as a citizen to be informed and involved
- 36% - To preserve and protect our constitutional freedoms
- 15% - We need to protect “free enterprise”
- 7% - I am concerned about my family’s future
Additional surveys will be conducted in the future.
About NWYC: National Write Your Congressman is neither a lobby nor a special interest group. It is a nonpartisan legislative research firm. For over 50 years it has had one mission and that is to encourage responsible Americans to quickly and effectively influence their elected officials. For more information, go to http://www.nwyc.com.