We're excited to share the benchmarks and unique perspectives in this eBook to help other providers achieve the same levels of exceptional performance.
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) March 4, 2010
Patient Placement Systems (PPS) announced today the publication of a new eBook that helps multi-location nursing home operators better understand how to measure and achieve excellence in marketing and census performance. This eBook, "Keeping You Occupied: What One More Patient a Month is Worth to Your SNFs," is available immediately at http://www.patientplacement.com/occupied.
The eBook shares benchmark sales performance data from surveys of hundreds of skilled nursing facilities. It also shows how to calculate the census and revenue returns of improved marketing and referral management, and establishes the five steps for skilled healthcare providers to achieve excellence in marketing and admissions.
"Keeping You Occupied" provides several valuable insights and recommendations:
- Just a modest increase of one patient admission per month, per facility, delivers a $9.6 million revenue increase for a 20-facility nursing home chain
- A typical skilled nursing facility will save 1,800 hours of effort annually by automating admissions processes
- On average, a single nursing home receives 24,000 pages of faxed referral documents each year
- Executive managers seeking to improve occupancy rates should start by identifying reporting requirements for key metrics such as win/loss, conversion rates, referral sources, liaison effectiveness, payor mix, and reasons for loss
- Skilled care providers should embrace Web-based solutions for automating marketing and admissions to save significant time and cost
"We work everyday with the most innovative and successful skilled nursing providers in a shared mission of excellence in admissions and census," said Doug Walker, VP and general manager of Patient Placement Systems. "We're excited to share the benchmarks and unique perspectives in this eBook to help other providers achieve the same levels of exceptional performance."
About Patient Placement Systems: Patient Placement Systems increases occupancy and revenue for skilled nursing facilities with simple Web-based tools to manage marketing activities and process and track patient referrals better and faster. Long-term care providers embrace the Referral Management System to improve census performance, respond faster, outmaneuver competitors, work smarter and significantly increase revenue by admitting more patients. Clients improving their admissions and referral management with our solutions include Extendicare, Greystone Healthcare Management, Kindred, Berkshire Healthcare Systems, and Golden Living. For more information, visit http://www.PatientPlacement.com or call 877-748-6656.
# # #