Rancho Cordova, CA (PRWEB) March 8, 2010
Most people’s skin could benefit from a little pick-me-up. Blemishes, fine lines and dullness are just a few culprits that get in the way of a clear, radiant complexion. Find out how to achieve healthy, luminous skin with this excerpt from Skincare-News.com’s latest article, “40 Tried-and-True Tips for Getting Clearer, Healthier & More Radiant Skin From Head to Toe.”
1. Stop tanning (that includes indoor and outdoor tanning!). The best way to age quicker and harm skin is through tanning. It might sound harsh, but nothing ages a person’s skin more than tanning. UV rays give skin a wrinkled, discolored, rough and dry appearance, not to mention they increase the risk for skin cancer.
2. Get rid of expired products. Putting on spoiled products can really do a number on skin. Expired skin care and makeup can cause irritation and infection. For instance, toss mascara after three months, because it’s the perfect breeding ground for bacteria, which can even lead to eye infections.
3. Stress less. Many people are surprised when they learn that stress plays a big role in the health of their skin, exacerbating skin conditions, triggering acne, causing dryness and leaving skin unhealthy, as a whole. Give skin a boost with some effective stress-relievers, such as exercise, practicing breathing techniques, pampering the body with spa-inspired DIY treats, and sleeping more.
4. Banish body acne. Acne on the body is embarrassing, annoying and tough to treat. But body blemishes can be prevented and treated with a few simple tips: Shower immediately after doing any sweat-inducing activity. Consider using acne-fighting cleansers designed for the body. Exfoliate regularly to remove dead skin cells that build up and contribute to acne.
5. Try retinoids. Retinoids or their non-prescription cousin, retinol, are healthy-skin powerhouses. These vitamin-A derivatives rejuvenate the skin by stimulating collagen synthesis, reducing lines and wrinkles, diminishing discoloration and clearing up acne. They’re the ultimate skincare trifecta, because they help with acne, skin health and radiance.
Read all 40 tips on how to get clear, healthy, radiant skin at Skincare-News.com
Skincare-News.com consistently covers all skincare and beauty topics from head to toe. Check out these latest articles:
Complete Acne Handbook
Acne is one of the most common — and frustrating — skin conditions, affecting men and women of all ages and skin types. And anyone who’s ever suffered from acne knows that it doesn’t just affect his or her appearance; troubled skin can be a blow to self-esteem as well. Fortunately, people can take charge of skin woes by finding the right treatment for their age and skin type. Here are 25 articles that offer clear-cut insight on everything acne-related: what causes blemishes, effective ingredients for fighting breakouts and how to develop the right skin-clearing regimen.
Top 10 Products that Instantly Improve Your Skin
For skin that needs an instant pick-me-up, there are a few key products that can help. Whether a person’s lifestyle includes late nights, long work hours or regular air travel, having some effective skin-refreshing products is essential. These 10 products will help a person look and feel more awake, alert and rejuvenated. And many of these products can help mend common skincare annoyances, like blemishes that seem to pop up out of nowhere. Plus, all require just a few seconds to apply. Find out how to keep skin fresh for any occasion with these 10 products.
Skincare-News Monthly Review: Top 5 Skincare & Beauty Articles of January 2010
In the first month of 2010, Skincare-News covered some important beauty basics, plus innovative remedies for common skin concerns. Here’s a round-up of January’s top five articles, with tips on everything from choosing the right exfoliant to breaking worn-out beauty rules. Find out how to solve winter skin woes, find an effective ingredient to treat acne or signs of aging and keep skin healthy all year long.
A Few Facts on Skin-Soothing Feverfew
Feverfew is a plant related to sunflowers that provides a number of skincare benefits. Ideal for people with sensitive skin, feverfew can help reduce inflammation, protect against free radicals and lower shaving irritation. For those with acne, rosacea or irritated skin, feverfew products can be a great addition to a skincare regimen. Find out more about this natural skincare remedy and how it can calm a troubled complexion.
10 Healthy Skincare Habits You Might Be Forgetting
A person’s skin doesn’t just require effective formulas; it also needs nourishing habits. Many people may work hard to have healthy skin by applying top-notch products, while they neglect a few vital habits. A well-rounded approach to skincare is the best way to maintain great skin. Here are 10 healthy habits that protect and nourish the skin that are best not to ignore.
Top 10 Picks for a Fabulous Fragrance
When it comes to fragrances, it’s easy to stick with the same old scent. Why not experience how a new perfume or spray can boost a person’s mood and transform personal style? Whether the preferred scent is spicy, sweet or sassy, here’s a comprehensive list of 10 fabulous finds for fragrance. Choices range from modern classics to the season’s newest scents!
About Skincare-News.com—“Your Source for Intelligent Skin Care”
Skincare-News.com is the online source for consumers seeking intelligent beauty and skin care news, advice, tips and articles. Founded in 2005, Skincare-News.com features articles, news items and frequently asked questions on skincare and beauty-related issues. Skincare-News.com is located in Sacramento, California, but receives visitors from all around the world. For more information, visit http://www.skincare-news.com.