(PRWEB) March 7, 2010
Airparks, the UK’s largest off-airport parking company, today announced the findings of it’s mystery shopper exercise recently undertaken at four of it’s airport parking sites.
The mystery shoppers found that check in times were under five minutes 82% of the time, and that transfer times to the airport were also good, with over half of the shuttle rides taking less than fifteen minutes.
Tristan MacIntyre-Read, site experience manager at Airparks, said, “ Savings are considerable for holidaymakers who park at Airparks, and we offer our customers a high level of service. We pride ourselves in having an efficient check-in procedure allowing our customer to be on their way to the airport on our regular shuttle bus in a matter of minutes. “
At Manchester airport, one week’s parking at Airparks is, on average, £47.95 cheaper when compared with the other 11 long-stay, off-site car parks serving Manchester airport. And when compared with three of the short stay, on-site car parks, at Manchester airport, Airparks is cheaper by £54.33 on average.
Tristan MacIntyre-Read said, “We advise our customers to allow 50 minutes prior to their flight check-in time to park their car and take the transfer bus to the terminal, minimising their stress levels prior to their flight. However, having recently conducted these surveys at four of our main sites, we can confirm that 82% of customers said they were checked in between 1-5 minutes at Airparks and 71% of customers confirmed that the bus transfer took between just 5-15 minutes.”
Notes to editors:
Mystery Shoppers visited Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow and Luton Airparks.
- Airparks offers a Best Price Guarantee; find the same parking cheaper and the price will be matched or the difference refunded.
- Save up to 60% on gate rates.
- Parking charges start at just £2.99 per day.
- Airparks makes arrangements for 750,000 customers every year.
- Internet bookings at http://www.airparks.co.uk.
- Airparks car parks at Gatwick, Manchester, Birmingham, Luton, Cardiff, East Midlands, Glasgow and Newcastle.
- All Airparks car parks are secured and Park Mark accredited.
- Airparks Services Ltd has also been Quality Assured to ISO 9001 2000 for secured airport parking and passenger transfer services.
- Each Airparks car park has a 24hr reception, open all year round, and offers frequent transfer bus services to the airport terminal.
- Return Greet, Meet and Greet and car wash services available at most Airparks’ car parks.