Aperture Integrated Resource Manager is a visionary solution that will provide significant cost savings through holistic management of energy consumption, capital resources and process efficiency in the data center.
Stamford, CT (PRWEB) March 9, 2010
Emerson Network Power, a business of Emerson and the global leader in enabling Business-Critical Continuity™, today announced Aperture Integrated Resource Manager, the industry’s first data center performance optimization solution for extending the life of existing infrastructure resources and improving overall efficiency in the data center. Aperture Integrated Resource Manager can deliver cost savings in the millions of dollars by enabling organizations to delay new data center builds, increase rack densities, better utilize existing resources and improve staff efficiency.
Aperture Integrated Resource Manager features:
- The first and only solution that integrates real-time monitoring, management of resources and assets and process management into a holistic data center performance optimization suite.
- Aggregates real-time data from dozens of infrastructure monitoring and building management systems into a single presentation to provide comprehensive insight into data center operations.
- Enables users to delay data center builds by fitting more equipment into existing racks and safely deploying higher rack densities to take advantage of energy savings associated with high density architectures.
- Allows users to set the algorithms for analyzing and applying monitored data into business intelligence for use in data center planning and meeting service levels in their organization.
- Helps organizations utilize power and cooling resources closer to their full capacities without threatening availability, fully leveraging existing assets and delaying capital expenditures.
- Reduces the manual effort of collecting, aggregating and reporting real time data from disparate systems, improving staff efficiency—saving time and money.
Thomas Waun, president of Emerson Network Power’s Aperture business:
“Our customers have told us that in the wake of the recent downturn, there is a new paradigm for efficiently managing data centers. Improving overall efficiency is the new imperative in business and in the data center, and Aperture Integrated Resource Manager is a visionary solution that will provide significant cost savings through holistic management of energy consumption, capital resources and process efficiency. This improved overall operational efficiency will enable organizations to save millions of dollars by extending the life of their data centers by months or, in some cases, years.”
David Cappuccio, vice president and chief of research, Gartner:
”We are entering an era in which real-time, intelligent monitoring and resource management is a fundamental part of the data center manager's arsenal to continually improve efficiencies and performance, especially regarding energy consumption. An emerging market in data center management is focusing on [physical resource] infrastructure management, which can be viewed as a combination of traditional asset management tracking, performance management and energy and workload management. This is opening a new facet in IT managers' requirement to be aware of what their assets are doing, and of how that work is being accomplished in conjunction with the IT and facilities infrastructures.”
About Emerson Network Power
Emerson Network Power, a business of Emerson, is the global leader in enabling Business- Critical Continuity™ from grid to chip for telecommunication networks, data centers, health care and industrial facilities. Emerson Network Power provides innovative solutions and expertise in areas including AC and DC power and precision cooling systems, embedded computing and power, integrated racks and enclosures, power switching and controls, infrastructure management, and connectivity. All solutions are supported globally by local Emerson Network Power service technicians. Aperture and Avocent solutions from Emerson Network Power simplify data center infrastructure management by maximizing computing capacity and lowering costs while enabling the data center to operate at peak performance. For more information, visit http://www.Aperture.com, http://www.Avocent.com or http://www.EmersonNetworkPower.com.
Emerson, based in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions to customers through its network power, process management, industrial automation, climate technologies, and appliance and tools businesses. Emerson’s sales in fiscal 2009 were $20.9 billion. The company is ranked 94th on the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest companies. For more information, visit http://www.Emerson.com.