Fairfax, VT (PRWEB) March 10, 2010
Did you know that most people don’t know how to select the right bicycle? This is especially true for riders that are overweight or obese. But according to Joan Denizot of Super Sized Cycles, with a little education, choosing the right bike is easy to do.
Every year, people are faced with the same dilemma, said Denizot. Biking is supposed to be fun and carefree, but more often than not it turns out being very stressful, and people end up purchasing the wrong bike for their needs.
To help out this bicycling season, Super Sized Cycles' Denizot suggested five simple ways to choose the right bicycle.
1. Look for a steel frame. This frame cannot break or be cracked, and it easily supports your weight.
2. Make sure the rims on your wheels are thick and very strong. Do not go for racing wheels–these are very light weight.
3. Tires should be wide and made of a very high thread count.
4. Your pedals should be broad and made of metal. The flimsy rubber/plastic ones found on most inexpensive bikes could be very dangerous for a heavy rider.
5. Avoid quick-release seat post clamps. You want a bolt with a strong clamp – or two.
These are just some of the tips Denizot recommends. For the complete report on strong bicycles, more information, or to purchase a bike or tricycle specially designed for big, overweight, or obese riders, go to http://www.SuperSizedCycles.com.
About Super Sized Cycles
Super Sized Cycles is dedicated to creating a positive, supportive experience for people of all sizes who want to bicycle. The company’s own brand, Zize Bikes, uses top of the line parts and custom designs to make them strong and safe for big and obese riders. Super Sized Cycles makes and sells adult size tricycles and plus sized bicycles, both electric and human powered.