New York, NY (PRWEB) March 10, 2010
International Biometric Group (IBG) is hosting a free webcast, "Biometrics in Social Networking and Virtual Online Applications" on Thursday, March 11 at 1:00 pm EST. With the rapid adoption of social networking and virtual identity applications, biometric technologies such as face recognition play an increased role in enhancing the online experience. The ability to identify and link identifiable images across sites and accounts poses interesting challenges and opportunities to biometric vendors and solution providers.
IBG Consultant David Day will spend 30 minutes addressing the following topics:
- Commercial applications of biometrics in social networking and virtual environments
- Deployment of face recognition on mobile platforms such as Android and iPhone
- Roles biometrics may play in Augmented Reality (AR) applications
- Biometrics and surveillance redefined for the internet
- Involvement of the academic community in the merger of biometrics and virtual worlds
Event Title: "Biometrics in Social Networking and Virtual Online Applications"
Event Date: March 11, 2010 at 1:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
To access the event, navigate to: http://www.biometricgroup.com/webcon and click the "listen to our webcast" link.
About International Biometric Group:
International Biometric Group (IBG) is a leading research, consulting and systems integration company addressing the identity management and security needs of government and commercial clients. IBG designs, engineers and supports solutions across multiple platforms in complex, mission-critical environments. IBG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Washington D.C., West Virginia, Toronto and London. Learn more at http://www.biometricgroup.com.
dday (at) biometricgroup (dot) com