Jersey City, NJ (PRWEB) March 11, 2010
AvePoint, the leading provider of infrastructure management software solutions for Microsoft SharePoint, today announced the release of DocAve Software Platform v5.4, the industry's most comprehensive software solution for SharePoint data protection, administration, compliance, migration, reporting, storage optimization, and Salesforce.com-SharePoint integration. The latest release delivers enhanced functionality across its entire suite of products, and provides BETA support for the latest Release Candidate build of SharePoint 2010.
"We are very excited to release DocAve v5.4, which brings some amazing new functionality to the platform", said Dr. Tianyi Jiang, Chief Operating Officer of AvePoint. "With this release, our goals were two-fold. First, we wanted to incorporate many new features into our existing lineup of modules, specifically to provide more nimble deployment management tools and deeper integration options for those considering could storage. Second, we wanted to make sure this release not only supported SharePoint 2007 environments, but also supported the most current SharePoint 2010 RC build. As organizations explore and test SharePoint 2010, we wanted to make sure they could leverage our tools as soon as possible. With DocAve v5.4, we've met both of these objectives, and we think the SharePoint community will be pleased with the results."
DocAve for SharePoint 2010 Beta Program
The DocAve Software Platform v5.4 offers 24 independently deployable modules to protect, manage, optimize, and integrate SharePoint. Though all 24 modules available with DocAve v5.4 support SharePoint 2007, several also support SharePoint 2010. For those organizations currently deploying or testing the latest SharePoint 2010 RC build, the following DocAve modules are available for use in your 2010 environments:
- DocAve Backup and Restore for SharePoint
- DocAve Administrator for SharePoint
- DocAve Replicator for SharePoint
- DocAve Archiver for SharePoint
- DocAve Extender for SharePoint
- DocAve Migrator
DocAve Software Platform v5.4 - Feature Enhancements
The latest release of DocAve delivers several feature enhancements to many of its 24 modules:
- Enhanced Administrative Control - Save time and manual effort with the automated import of active accounts and users from Microsoft Active Directory, a function unavailable with out-of-the-box SharePoint
- Greater Control for SharePoint Customizations - Analyze SharePoint Solutions prior to deployment for all dependencies and delegate deployment-tasks with customizable security-trimming, to streamline scalability operations and deployment planning
- Additional SharePoint Reports - Gain deeper insight into platform activity with enhanced reporting for storage resource utilization, site visits and traffic dynamics, and discrete usage pattern tracking
- Enhanced Offline Replication - Bi-directional offline synchronization of SharePoint configurations, content, and farms offers more flexibility for organizations as they develop their SharePoint replication and data-access strategies
- Support for Azure and Amazon S3 Cloud Storage - Full integration with Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, and Rackspace cloud storage providers empowers organizations to incorporate cloud-resources into their SharePoint infrastructure management strategies, including cloud-based backup, archive, and auditing data storage
Participation in the DocAve Software Platform v5.4 Beta Program
For organizations using SharePoint 2007, the GA release of DocAve v5.4 is now available for trial and purchase. To request a free, fully enabled 30-day trial of the DocAve Software Platform v5.4, please visit http://www.avepoint.com/resources/free-trial-downloads/
For organizations testing pre-GA builds of SharePoint 2010, the beta-release of DocAve v5.4 is now available to organizations across all verticals and geographic regions. Please note that DocAve v5.4 beta-support of SharePoint 2010 is based upon Microsoft's RC Build 4730.1010. The DocAve beta program will continue until the GA release of SharePoint 2010, at which point the GA of DocAve v5.4 will be made available. To request a free, fully enabled 30-day trial of the beta-version of the DocAve Software Platform v5.4, please visit http://www.avepoint.com/resources/free-trial-downloads/
To speak with an AvePoint sales professional, please call (201) 793-1111.
AvePoint is a global technology company and software innovator. Since 2001, AvePoint has been a leading provider of enterprise-strength infrastructure management solutions for all Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies. AvePoint's award-winning DocAve Software Platform delivers comprehensive and flexible infrastructure support for backup and recovery, replication, migration, administration, archiving, deployment management, and compliance, while piloting the products of OEM partners such as NetApp and IBM. With headquarters in Jersey City, NJ, and wholly owned engineering centers and sales offices worldwide, AvePoint serves more than 5,000 enterprise customers. AvePoint is a Managed Gold Certified Microsoft Partner and GSA Certified Provider.
AvePoint Media Contact:
Tucker Hall - Director of Marketing
Tel: (201) 793-1111
# # #