Jersey City, NJ (PRWEB) March 17, 2010
AvePoint, the leading provider of infrastructure management software solutions for Microsoft SharePoint, today announced that its DocAve Backup and Restore for SharePoint tool provides beta support for SharePoint 2010. DocAve Backup and Restore is one of 24 tools available within the recently released DocAve Software Platform v5.4, and enables intelligent item-through-platform level data protection and comprehensive cloud-integration for all SharePoint content and architecture.
"AvePoint has worked closely with Microsoft to ensure that our solutions will provide full support for SharePoint Server 2010," said Dr. Tianyi (TJ) Jiang, AvePoint's Chief Operating Officer. "It is critical that organizations utilizing SharePoint 2010 have a comprehensive data protection tool they can count upon to not only provide granular backup and restore functionality with full fidelity, but also to ensure total platform protection, and efficient integration with cloud storage providers. DocAve Backup and Restore provides world-class, reliable data protection for SharePoint 2010 environments."
DocAve Backup and Restore is designed for organizations who must ensure total data protection for their SharePoint 2010 instances, delivering more robust and flexible backup and recovery capabilities than SharePoint does natively. DocAve enables:
- The synchronous backup and swift recovery of entire SharePoint environments, from individual items and sites to web applications, content databases, index servers, and IIS settings;
- Full-fidelity backup of SharePoint content, including all metadata, securities, version histories, and customized layouts;
- Unique granular backup scheduling with either simple selection from a SharePoint tree or through DocAve's unique Business Criticality Matrix, to align backup plans with business needs and schedules;
- Automatic detection of new SharePoint content and performance of scheduled or on-demand full, incremental, and differential backups;
- Full integration with major cloud storage providers, enabling automated storage of backup and archive data
Participation in the DocAve Software Platform v5.4 Beta-Release
The beta-release of DocAve v5.4 is being made available to organizations across all verticals and geographic regions, and will be followed by a GA release upon the GA release of SharePoint 2010. To request a free, fully enabled 30-day trial of the beta-version of the DocAve Software Platform v5.4, please visit http://www.avepoint.com/resources/free-trial-downloads/
To speak with an AvePoint sales professional, please call (201) 793-1111, or email Sales(at)AvePoint(dot)com.
AvePoint is a global technology company and software innovator. Since 2001, AvePoint has been a leading provider of enterprise-strength infrastructure management solutions for all Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies. AvePoint's award-winning DocAve Software Platform delivers comprehensive and flexible infrastructure support for backup and recovery, replication, migration, administration, archiving, deployment management, and compliance, while piloting the products of OEM partners such as NetApp and IBM. With headquarters in Jersey City, NJ, and wholly owned engineering centers and sales offices worldwide, AvePoint serves more than 5,000 enterprise customers. AvePoint is a Managed Gold Certified Microsoft Partner and GSA Certified Provider.
AvePoint Media Contact:
Tucker Hall - Director of Marketing
Tel: (201) 793-1111