Jersey City, NJ (PRWEB) March 18, 2010
AvePoint, the leading provider of infrastructure management software solutions for Microsoft SharePoint, today announced that DocAve Migrator for SharePoint, a tool enabling the efficient transfer of legacy data stores and HTTP/S-accessible websites to SharePoint, now provides beta support for SharePoint 2010. DocAve Migrator is one of 24 tools available within the recently released DocAve Software Platform v5.4, and empowers organizations to seamlessly migrate web content directly into the SharePoint platform.
"One of the most exciting features in the new SharePoint 2010 platform is its ability to efficiently deliver enterprise content across the various channels the modern organization maintains, including the intranet, the extranet, and the internet", said Dr. Tianyi (TJ) Jiang, AvePoint's Chief Operating Officer. "The DocAve Website Migrator for SharePoint is the ideal tool for those companies wanting to transfer their internet assets onto the SharePoint platform, without forgoing the substantial investments they have already made in the design and deployment of those assets. With DocAve, organizations can transfer their existing web content to SharePoint quickly and completely. It really removes a lot of the manual process involved in such a move."
With DocAve Website Migrator, companies can unify all legacy web content onto either SharePoint 2007 or SharePoint 2010, leveraging the following features:
- Full migration of all HTTP/HTTPS-accessible web content into SharePoint 2007 or 2010, including all code, HTML regions, embedded tables, related documents and associated images, granularly or in bulk;
- Dynamic preview of all migration content, documents, and images prior to migration execution;
- Unified discovery, sorting, filtering, and search of all source content types, page templates, and site hierarchies via a single interface;
- Flexible mapping of all source elements to existing SharePoint framework, using default site hierarchy maps or customizable mapping interface;
- Automated updates of all page links, to streamline migration management and reduce the risk associated with manual link cleanup;
- Customizable, reusable Source-to-SharePoint mapping schemas to streamline migration of multiple pages and sites;
- Offline migrations of source web content to local offline environment for full testing prior to migration to production environment;
- Full functionality via Web Services, for lossless migration to SharePoint Online and other multi-tenant hosted SharePoint environments without the need for DocAve agent installation.
DocAve Migrator Streamlines Data Transfer from a Variety of Legacy Sources
DocAve Migrator enables the lossless, comprehensive, fully mapped migration of content to SharePoint 2007 and 2010 from a variety of legacy data sources, including EMC Documentum/eRoom, Lotus Notes, Oracle/Stellent, Public Folders, OpenText Livelink, File System, HTTP/HTTPS-accessible websites, as well as from previous versions of SharePoint. Additionally, DocAve Migrator now supports the full fidelity migration of Lotus Notes Mail data into Microsoft Exchange.
Participation in the DocAve Software Platform v5.4 Beta-Release
DocAve's beta-support of SharePoint 2010 is now available to organizations across all verticals and geographic regions, and will be followed by a GA release upon GA release of SharePoint 2010. To request a free, fully enabled 30-day trial of the beta-version of the DocAve Software Platform v5.4, please visit http://www.avepoint.com/resources/free-trial-downloads/.
To speak with an AvePoint sales professional, please call (201) 793-1111, or email Sales@AvePoint.com.
AvePoint is a global technology company and software innovator. Since 2001, AvePoint has been a leading provider of enterprise-strength infrastructure management solutions for all Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies. AvePoint's award-winning DocAve Software Platform delivers comprehensive and flexible infrastructure support for backup and recovery, replication, migration, administration, archiving, deployment management, and compliance, while piloting the products of OEM partners such as NetApp and IBM. With headquarters in Jersey City, NJ, and wholly owned engineering centers and sales offices worldwide, AvePoint serves more than 5,000 enterprise customers. AvePoint is a Managed Gold Certified Microsoft Partner and GSA Certified Provider.
AvePoint Media Contact:
Tucker Hall - Director of Marketing
Tel: (201) 793-1111