New York, NY (PRWEB) March 20, 2010
The Bloomberg Markets Global Hedge Fund & Investor Summit, to be held on May 5, 2010 at the Stephan Weiss Studio in New York City, will bring together top hedge fund managers, as ranked by Bloomberg Markets magazine, along with ecconomists and top institutional investors.
The meeting will cover global economic and market trends and look at opportunities emerging as the world slowly recovers from the worst downturn since The Great Depression.
The format will be a series of interviews and panel discussions designed to get to the core of important market issues and break down actionable investment strategy for hedge fund decision makers and their investors. Our audience will include 100 carefully-selected hedge fund managers and institutional investors.
Award-winning Bloomberg journalists and other experts will conduct one-on-one interviews with leaders including:
- Lee Ainslie, Founder, Maverick Capital Ltd.
- Pierre Andurand, Managing Partner and Chief Investment Officer, BlueGold Capital Management LLP
- Laszlo Birinyi, Jr., President, Birinyi Associates Inc.
- Alexander Branis, Chief Investment Officer, Prosperity Capital Management (RF) Ltd.
- Frank P. Brosens, Founding Partner, Taconic Capital Advisors LLC
- William Browder, Chief Executive Officer, Hermitage Capital Management LLP
- Arpad Busson, Chairman and Founder, EIM SA
- James S. Chanos, President and Founder, Kynikos Associates LP
- William D. Cohan, Author, House of Cards: A Tale of Hubris and Wretched Excess on Wall Street and The Last Tycoons: The Secret History of Lazard Frères & Co.
- Marko Dimitrijevic, Founder and President, Everest Capital LLC
- Marcos Falcão, Chief Executive Officer, BRZ Investimentos
- Mark Haas, Chief Deputy Treasurer, State of Michigan
- Dean Maki, Head of US Economic Research and Chief US Economist, Barclays Capital
- Keith McCullough, Chief Executive Officer, Hedgeye Risk Management LLC
- David A. Rosenberg, Chief Economist and Strategist, Gluskin Sheff + Associates Inc.
- Nathaniel Rothschild. Co-Chairman, Attara Capital LP
- Nouriel Roubini, Chairman and Co-Founder, Roubini Global Economics, LLC
- Lawrence M. Schloss, Chief Investment Officer, NYC Pension Funds
- Stephen M. Siderow, Co-Founder and President, BlueMountain Capital Management LLC
- Luis Téllez, Chairman and CEO, Bolsa Mexicana de Valores
- Ian Wace, Chief Executive Officer, Marshall Wace LLP
- Meredith Whitney, Chief Executive Officer, Meredith Whitney Advisory Group, LLC
These thinkers, policy makers, hedge fund stars and key investors will provide cirtical insight on topics including:
- The future of banking and financial institutions
- The new next big short
- Russia: bulls and bears
- Fixed income strategies
- China and other emerging markets
- Catastrophe bonds
- Tax strategies for hedge funds
The Bloomberg Markets Global Hedge Fund & Investor Summit is a production of Bloomberg LINK, organizer of summits, briefings and events and is sponsored by Grupo Bursatil Mexicano, Citationair and Graff. For information on sponsoring, attending or speaking at the Bloomberg Markets Global Hedge Fund & Investor Summit or any other Bloomberg LINK event, visit http://www.bloomberglink.com or call (212) 647-6530