The Compass report “enhances our AE’s focused effort to be more of a local online ad consultant with our advertisers.”
Williamsburg, Va. (PRWEB) March 18, 2010
Borrell Associates has released a new report that details how businesses are spending their online ad dollars in any local market. The hyperlocal report can be configured to show spending in an individual market based on any of the 3,100 counties or 43,000 ZIP codes in the U.S. or in any Canadian town, city or province.
Known as “Compass,” the report was developed from Borrell’s Local Ad Spending Report (LA$R™), currently used by more than 500 media companies to gauge market-level ad spending for any of the 11 media categories. The newly added Compass report was developed with the help of Borrell’s local media clients as a sales tool to generate tables, charts and graphics to help local advertisers understand how their competitors are spending online.
“We’ve tested this report in the market for the past six months, and whenever we’ve shown it to anyone they’ve been blown away by what it can do,” said Larry Shaw, director of client research for Borrell Associates. “It boils down a very complicated, reliable methodology for estimating local online ad spending to a set of automatically generated prospect handouts and presentation charts.”
The insight provided by the Compass is based on the premise that small businesses are overwhelmed by advertising choices and need direction. The Compass positions the ad rep as an expert not only in advertising, but also in any business category’s ad-spending habits.
The report answers four key questions for an advertiser:
- How much do local businesses spend on marketing in my market?
- How do they spend it?
- How much should I be spending in online advertising, and in what formats (banners, paid search, video, etc.)?
- What’s the forecast growth?
The Compass format is “street ready,” said Andy Lobred, vice president of sales and marketing at Media General Inc., and “enhances our AE’s focused effort to be more of a local online ad consultant with our advertisers.”
“We like the local market Compass reports . . . because they give us detailed ad spend for 100 different business categories,” said Marc Montoya, senior vice president of eMedia for Nexstar Broadcasting Group. “We use it at the corporate office for strategic planning, while our local markets benefit from the tactical use in the field to increase online ad sales.”
The Compass report is chock full of market's ad spending data for 100 business categories. It helps sales teams:
- Identify the largest local online ad spending business categories
- Detail how much a local business spends across online ad formats (static display, search, video and e-mail)
- Detail what a local business spends on advertising in all media and in promotions
- Examine a 5-year ad-spending forecast for each business category
- Generate business category handouts and PowerPoint slides for the prospect in seconds
- Model a businesses' ad spending traits based on its number of employees
Borrell Associates is offering a download sample of the Compass report and a free "Using The Compass To Increase Revenue" Webinar – at http://www.borrellassociates.com/products/marketdata/compass-market-data-report. For more information on the report, contact Borrell Associates at 757-221-6641 or send e-mail to info(at)borrellassociates(dot)com.