“All of us here at Polaris are concerned about global climate change and have embraced these initiatives,” said president Jan Carlson. “We have identified some relatively painless and cost-effective ways to be more green."
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) March 21, 2010
While St. Patrick’s Day celebrates the “wearing o’ the green”, Polaris Marketing Research’s (polarismr.com) Green Initiative goes far beyond a one-day commitment. Polaris has put into place several policies that will reduce its carbon footprint and achieve a more environmentally friendly workplace.
“All of us here at Polaris are concerned about global climate change and have embraced these initiatives,” said Polaris president, Jan Carlson. “We have identified some relatively painless and cost-effective ways to be more green without changing the quality and consistency of our work. We encourage clients and other companies to adopt these changes. As a sign of our commitment to working green, everyone has added the following line to their email signature: Please consider the environment before printing this email.”
Polaris’s Green Initiative efforts include:
- Reduce bottled water waste by providing filtered drinking water and encouraging the use of re-usable containers for drinking water.
- Reduce the use of plastic utensils and paper plates by providing flatware and dishes.
- Running the dishwasher only with full loads.
- Reduce paper and ink usage by discouraging printing drafts, printing on both sides of the paper and printing half-saved.
- Recycle all paper and other materials that can be recycled, such as soda cans, other plastic containers and ink cartridges.
- Reduce kitchen paper towel usage by providing kitchen towels.
About the marketing research company, Polaris Marketing Research:
Founded by Jan Carlson in 1989, Polaris Marketing Research is a full-service firm that provides state-of-the-art online interactive marketing research reporting, interviewing and data collection, quantitative and qualitative research expertise and personalized project management.
Atlanta-based Polaris Marketing Research is affiliated with the Council of American Survey Research Organizations, the American Marketing Association and the American Society for Quality.
For more information, call Dianne Hill at 404-816-0353 or visit us at polarismr.com.
To hear the latest on what industry leaders are saying about marketing as it pertains to marketing research, visit our blog at themarketingdialog.com