Las Vegas, NV (PRWEB) March 23, 2010
Alarm.com today announced the availability of its new “EZinstall” Video feature, designed to simplify the IP video camera installation process for security dealers and extend the Alarm.com video offering to Mac-only households. The company is demonstrating the new feature to security industry professionals at ISC West 2010 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Since its November 2008 launch, Alarm.com’s remote video monitoring solution has generated enthusiasm from security dealers and customers, drawn to its diverse feature set and affordable price point. Today, thousands of residential and commercial customers use Alarm.com Video to see what’s happening in and around their property when they’re away. From their mobile device or web browser, users can securely access live video and motion-triggered video clips of footage recorded by Alarm.com’s indoor and outdoor IP cameras, from anywhere.
EZinstall enables Alarm.com authorized security dealers to:
- Simplify the video camera installation process by eliminating the need for technicians to perform network configuration at the customer premises.
- Extend the availability of Alarm.com Video to a broader segment of consumers by enabling camera setup on Apple/Mac computers.
“The EZinstall feature eliminates challenges commonly associated with IP video camera installation, making it easier than ever for our dealers to offer the service to interested customers and generate an additional source of recurring revenue,” said Bob McCarthy, Alarm.com Director of Product Management. “We’re also very excited to make it possible for Mac-only households to have a hassle-free camera setup experience.”
Alarm.com Video – with remote monitoring features now available via the Alarm.com website and its iPhone and BlackBerry home security apps – delivers functionality beyond that of traditional remote video monitoring solutions.
- Alarm.com Video does not require a local storage device (no DVR or PC required) at the monitored property – all video is stored securely offsite in the Alarm.com Operations Center.
- Supports multiple Alarm.com IP camera models, including indoor IP cameras (WiFi-enabled with fixed lens and pan-tilt options) and outdoor IP cameras with a power over Ethernet option.
- The Alarm.com video server enables analog (CCTV) security cameras to be used with Alarm.com Video, making any traditional security camera Alarm.com-compatible.
- Camera supervision allows dealers and/or end-users to be notified if cameras are ever disabled.
- Multiple properties can be monitored from a single Alarm.com Video account, and important video clips can be protected so they are not overwritten in the normal First-In First-Out recording process.
Alarm.com will be demonstrating its video monitoring services, including the new EZinstall feature, at the International Security Conference (ISC West) at the Venetian/Sands Expo and Convention Center in Las Vegas, March 24-26, 2010. Alarm.com technology will be showcased in Venetian, Galileo Room #907 and on the show floor at the UTC Fire & Security (formerly GE Security) Booth #11067.
Alarm.com Incorporated provides wireless and web-enabled security and activity monitoring technology to residential and commercial customers throughout the United States and Canada. Alarm.com's Operations Center processes millions of security events every month, reported by Alarm.com systems used to monitor and protect houses, vacation properties, apartments, professional offices, restaurants, retail chains, model homes, boats, trailers, data centers, and more. Alarm.com technology is offered exclusively through a network of over 1000 licensed and authorized Security Dealers nationwide. The company is headquartered in Tysons Corner, VA, just outside of Washington, DC.