(PRWEB) March 24, 2010
Online mystery shoppers who evaluated 58 top performing retail websites for the latest eRetail Benchmark study from eDigitalResearch have ranked Figleaves in the number one spot for delivery.
Figleaves, which prides itself on its quality order fulfilment process, has consistently achieved the top position for delivery in the eRetail Benchmark study over a number of years. With more than 1.2 million customers visiting its website each month to purchase from its extensive range of lingerie, loungewear, clothing and swimwear, ensuring that each order is fulfilled to a high standard is of vital importance.
Mark Patterson, Supply Chain Director, at Figleaves explains: “We are delighted to see that consumer confidence remains high in our delivery and fulfilment service. We pride ourselves on delivering to a high standard as we want to ensure that our customers have an easy and pleasant online experience from end-to-end and continue to come back. The online market is a lot more competitive now and as our business expands, it is important that we not only meet delivery expectations by offering a wide array of delivery options, but further delight our customers by ensuring that our products are well-presented and nicely packaged.”
Online retailers such as Figleaves have had to contend with Royal Mail strike action and adverse weather conditions over the busy Christmas period, but this didn’t delay deliveries as Figleaves was among twenty other retailers that achieved an 100% on-time delivery record according to the study.
Michelle Fuller, Director at eDigitalResearch, says: “Delivery failure was a big problem for early adopters of online shopping, but competition in the online space has meant that businesses have greatly improved their delivery and fulfilment processes. Expectations have grown and as a result, pure play retailers such as Figleaves not only have to meet delivery expectations but have to differentiate themselves by offering better delivery options or by ensuring that their goods are well presented.”
Established in 2000, the eRetail Benchmark study uses eDigitalResearch’s unique eMysteryShopper tool to evaluate website usability of the 58 top performing UK retail websites. Retailers are benchmarked by an internet panel of surveyors across 200 qualitative and quantitative measures from home page first impressions to order fulfilment.
To download a presentation containing the full leagues for the last study then please visit: https://ecustomeropinions.com/survey/survey.php?sid=465281795
For further information, contact Natalie Lyndon on 023 8021 5389, or email: natalie (at) merchantmarketinggroup (dot) com
Notes to editors
- eDigitalResearch has the largest ‘norms’ database across the retail sector and is able to offer clients and the market a unique view of what ecommerce shoppers are looking for from an eretail site.
- eDigitalResearch has been undertaking ‘end to end’ eMysteryShopper surveys on the top UK Internet retail sites since Christmas 2000.
- With its in-depth research it can benchmark and plot the development of retail websites over the last ten years.
- As a result it has an unprecedented level of knowledge, expertise and research data covering the development of some of the top UK internet retail sites.
- eMysteryShopper (eMS) provides in-depth and structured study of website usability, functionality, supporting logistics and customer service through our unique panel of profiled UK Internet users. Working under strict Non Disclosure Agreements these profiled individuals are paid to complete ‘end to end’ surveys on selected websites.
- eDigitalResearch currently works with over 10,000 profiled UK eMysteryShoppers (surveyors) carrying out end to end usability studies on over 40 sites at any one time. Surveyors all complete strict assessment criteria and operate under stringent quality control and ongoing survey moderation.
eDigitalResearch is a leading provider of digital market research, enabling customers to make critical business decisions with the benefit of comprehensive consumer insight and informed direction. eDigitalResearch possesses a unique combination of research expertise, marketing background, web technology and knowledge of the cross-channel consumer. As well as providing invaluable research data, the modules of our fully integrated research system - ratings, surveys, panels, communities and forums - can combine to provide holistic analytics and essential market-leading insight. This gives our clients the power, confidence and backup to make crucial decisions on key aspects of their business including product range, marketing, customer service, supply chain, even basic positioning. http://www.edigitalresearch.com.