“The community-based platform enables subscribers to connect with the people, products and services they need via a sleek and fast Web application."
Cambridge, MA (PRWEB) March 26, 2010
StudioShare.org™, a new online collaboration platform for the photography and creative communities, announces a 300 percent increase in members since January 2010, plus the release of version 2.0. StudioShare.org photographers, studio owners, creative associates and photography students located in more than 40 U.S. states can take advantage of even more connectivity and more benefits. New version 2.0 enhancements include increased studio planning tools, and integrated financial dashboard, improved keyword search functionality and comprehensive project tracking/project management calendaring.
StudioShare.org was created with two key objectives: to connect industry talent and to help put idle or underused studio space and equipment to use. Shares Andreas Randow, founder and president of StudioShare.org, “The community-based platform enables subscribers to connect with the people, products and services they need via a sleek and fast Web application. Whether subscribed as a Member or Studio Owner, we’re making it even easier to find, and do business with, others in the network. There is so much underutilized space, equipment and talent in this community. Why not connect these resources using the power of the Internet?”
Version 2.0 Upgrades
The latest version of StudioShare.org features significant platform upgrades that offer powerful integration, budgeting tools and a more global view of studio operations. An integrated suite of task and financial management tools makes scheduling, tracking and project operations simple and easy. Highlights include:
· Global-view online calendaring permits users to manage booking requests, invoicing, payment processing, budgets and bookkeeping in one place
· Integrated planning tools help track projects, gigs and overall schedule
· Improved keyword search functionality allows precise search by price range, location, specific services and equipment
· Customization capabilities allow members to add extra fees or give discounts on rentals per a case-by-case basis
Current Membership Categories
StudioShare.org currently offers two subscription categories:
· The Member category is suitable for photographers who need to rent space, equipment or hire professional services, and for industry service providers such as assistants, stylists, models, makeup artists, prop builders, photo editors and production staff. $49 annual subscription
· The Studio Owner category is suitable for businesses or individuals offering space or property for rent to the photography community. A subscription to the Studio Owner category also allows members to rent out studio equipment, plus receive all benefits of the Member category. $79 annual subscription.
StudioShare.org Members and Studio Owners set their own rates for rentals and services.
StudioShare.org is dedicated to helping photography professionals flourish by enabling resource sharing and collaboration through a robust Web application that facilitates communication and provides advanced transaction management and booking functionalities. The platform enables members to make the most of photo resources already in use and owned by others in the StudioShare.org community, allowing all to book services and rent resources. Members may earn money by renting out their own idle equipment and space, or renting another’s resources for assignment. Members may also share their skills, locate and hire creative team talent, and other service providers.
Andreas Randow, president and CEO, is a photographer, software architect, programmer, and entrepreneur. Randow has been involved in the start-up of 12 companies and served as vice president of technology for Data Translation, Inc. for six years.
Paul Friedman manages operations and sales for StudioShare.org. He is also founder of LensProToGo.com and a professional photographer. Friedman has an MBA from Southern New Hampshire University, and a background in financial and sales analysis, having worked with Fortune 500 companies including Monster.com and Bose.
StudioShare.org is dedicated to helping photography professionals flourish by enabling resource sharing and collaboration through a robust Web application that not only facilitates communication, but also provides advanced transaction management and booking functions. Photographic resources include everything from studio space and photo-related services, to photographic equipment such as cameras, lenses, camera stands, light meters, and studio accessories owned by StudioShare.org members. StudioShare is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. http://www.studioshare.org