Tuscaloosa, AL (PRWEB) March 25, 2010
The University of Alabama offers a variety of options online for those who are either interested in entering the field of Restaurant and Hospitality Management, or, are currently working in the field and wish to gain advanced knowledge and expertise.
The University of Alabama offers a Bachelor of Science in Restaurant, Hotel and Meetings Management (RHM) as well as a Bachelor of Science in Executive Restaurant and Hospitality Management (ExRHM).
Graduates from the BS in RHM program generally enter the field as management trainees, assistant managers, or supervisors. Graduates will acquire skills allowing them to:
- Apply sound accounting principles and practices in hospitality operations.
- Apply effective financial management practices in hospitality organizations.
- Apply effective human resource management skills in hiring, training, and developing the personnel within hospitality operations.
- Apply effective management practices and problem-solving strategies within hospitality organizations.
- Apply classroom theory/knowledge and gain appropriate technical and administrative skills through relevant operational experiences in some facet of the hospitality industry.
- Identify the role of marketing in providing goods and services within the hospitality industry.
- Identify effective organizational theory, leadership behavior and interpersonal communication practices in hospitality operations.
Those who have already gained significant managerial experience (at least three years) in the restaurant and hospitality industry have the opportunity to earn the BS in Executive RHM. This program was designed to provide working professionals with executive level training while allowing them to pursue a baccalaureate degree online.
“The Executive Restaurant and Hospitality Management (ExRHM) program provides working professionals with the knowledge to enhance their success as managers and leaders in the hospitality industry,” explains Dr. Roy S. Maize, Director of the RHM Department at The University of Alabama.
“Coursework is designed to help hospitality professionals learn strategies to increase organizational productivity, profitability and customer satisfaction, thereby creating a high performing hospitality organization.”
For more information on either the online BS in RHM or the BS in ExRHM, please visit the University of Alabama’s website at http://www.BamaByDistance.ua.edu/rhm or http://www.BamaByDistance.ua.edu/exrhm.
If you need further assistance or have additional questions, please contact Academic Outreach Student Services at 1-800-467-0227 or by e-mail at nsmith(at)ccs(dot)ua(dot)edu.
# # #