Ottawa, Ontario (PRWEB) March 25, 2010
jBilling Software Ltd. announced today the new release of their open source billing system, jBilling 2.1.0. The new release makes significant improvements to jBilling’s mediation and rating module features, continuing the software’s reputation for remaining on the cutting edge of enterprise technology. “We have taken a substantial step forward in open source billing by listening to the needs of our customers and the members of the jBilling community,” said company CEO Emiliano Conde.
“Amidst many standard updates that jBilling users have come to expect — bug fixes, additional support for new
payment gateways, new API methods,” Conde continued, “Our showcase improvements of version 2.1.0 center
on telecom support.” jBilling’s newest telecom features include:
- High-performance batch mediation and rating that handles hundreds of records per second
- Real-time mediation that approves and processes events as they happen
- Prepaid, calling card-style balances with automatic recharge using an account’s credit card
- Credit limit for post-paid customers
- Real-time product availability based on customer's balance and product rating
- Configurable handling of mediation errors through plug-ins
- Easier PCI compliance with support for external storage of credit card information
“This latest release is the result of a great effort from both the community and the jBilling team,” said Conde, "with a special thanks to Ribbit (Silicon Valley's first phone company) for its gracious contributions.”
Additional information about jBilling 2.1.0 can be found at: http://www.jbilling.com/product/documentation
jBilling is a global player with consultants on four continents. It’s a mature and rapidly evolving open source system and delivers a comprehensive billing solution that is popular with many industries including telecommunications, ISPs, ASPs and media.