New York, NY (PRWEB) March 25, 2010
Italian-Americans have continuously made major contributions to the US and the most recent to do so is David Beato, a businessman and author of the new memoir The Power of Prayer, Endurance and Truth.
"Whether in the arts, business, government, military, fashion, education, science or medicine, Italian-Americans have been at the forefront throughout this nation's glorious history," says Mr. Beato. "Without the input of Italian-Americans over the last five centuries our nation would not be the world leader it is today."
Mr. Beato came to this country as a child after World War II. Like many other Italian-Americans, he built a very successful life in his adopted home.
In his book, Mr. Beato recounts his life as a young boy in Depression-era and then war-ravaged Italy and his struggle to make it as a businessman after his arrival in America. Mr. Beato is unusually frank in describing how he has faced many monumental tests of his faith including the death of his beloved son, professional setbacks and deceptive family members.
Mr. Beato is filled with pride when he thinks of those Italians-Americans whose reputations have reached around the globe, including:
- Antonin Scalia and Samuel Alito, the first Italian-American Supreme Court justices
- Terry Francona of the Boston Red Sox, Mike Scioscia of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, Joe Girardi of the New York Yankees, Lou Piniella of the Chicago Cubs, Joe Torre of the Los Angeles Dodgers and Tony La Russa of the St. Louis Cardinals
- Leonard Riggio, founder/CEO of Barnes & Noble, and Borders chair Robert DiRomualdo--the two largest US book chains in the nation
- Fred De Luca, founder of Subway restaurants
- Tom Golisano, billionaire founder of Paychex
- Giorgio Deluca, founder of Dean & Deluca
- Musicians Madonna, Jon Bon Jovi, Frankie Valli, Taylor Swift and Gwen Stefani
- Actors and directors Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Martin Scorsese, Christopher Coppola, Sofia Coppola, Quentin Tarantino, Sylvester Stallone and Leonardo DiCaprio
- Writers Ken Auletta, David Baldacci, Don DeLillo, Evan Hunter (a.k.a. Ed McBain, born Salvatore Lombino), Nicholas Pileggi, Gay Talese and Lisa Scottoline
"As an Italian-American, I am proud of my heritage and believe that we have made and will continue to make important contributions to the growth and prosperity of the United States," says Mr. Beato.
David Beato is currently a well-known real estate developer in southwestern Pennsylvania, where he lives with his wife. He has one son and two daughters who are all college educated and married, and his greatest joy is spending time with his children and grandchildren.
The Power of Prayer, Endurance and Truth by David Beato is available on Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com.
For more information, contact David Beato at trasteverebooks(at)comcast(dot)net.