Now with a bolstered North American sales, marketing and support team in place, BigHand is in an even better position to address our clients’ most pressing issues no matter what the economic climate.
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) March 25, 2010
BigHand, the leading voice productivity vendor in the professional services industry, has today announced that its North American customer base has grown by more than 15,000 users over the last 3 years. Globally, BigHand’s client base now exceeds 100,000 professional users and 1,000 organizations.
BigHand, particularly through its rapid growth in the U.S. and Canada, has solidified its position as the global legal market leader counting 8 of the top 25 Am Law 100 firms as clients as well as 7 of the largest Canadian firms. Over the last few years, new large firm clients have included Foley & Lardner LLP, McCarthy Tétrault LLP, and Husch Blackwell Sanders LLP.
Building upon this momentum, BigHand has significantly grown its team with several new appointments and promotions across the North American operation:
- Beth Thompson, Director of Sales, was recently promoted from Regional Sales Manager to manage the expanding U.S. sales team. With over 18 years of expertise in the legal industry, Ms. Thompson also serves on the Association of Legal Administrator’s Business Partner’s Advisory Panel
- Ingrid Haugaard, Account Manager, spent 4 years on BigHand’s project management team, working directly with clients on implementation and training; experience that will strongly benefit the BigHand client base
- Randy Brown, Regional Sales Manager, comes to BigHand with more than 16 years experience of selling technology to the legal market with companies including Oracle, Whitehill Technologies, Equitrac and iManage
- Ron Back, Regional Sales Manager, has been providing law firms with technology solutions since 1987 with companies including Infortext, Primus Networks and Equitrac
- Allison Stegich, North American Marketing Manager, recently of Aon Corporation, joins BigHand with over 8 years of integrated marketing experience
- Alfredo Sierra, Service Desk Analyst, has been in the tech support field for the past 12 years and joins BigHand as part of the growing global support team
The North American expansion directly follows BigHand’s application being voted the 2009 Gold Award winner for ‘Best Dictation System’ and its BigHand for Blackberry® app securing the 2009 Silver Award for ‘Best Mobile Solution’ by Law Technology News.
Steve Butterworth, BigHand Inc. President, commented on the company’s ability to succeed in the current economic climate:
“Our voice productivity application offers specific benefits that are critical to our clients’ success; direct cost savings and rapid returns on investment. As firms move towards an increasingly mobile workforce, BigHand’s award-winning mobility suite further extends the power of Smartphones and PDA’s. In addition to added flexibility provided by delegating directly from mobile devices, cost savings related to not having to purchase new dictation equipment are significant. Now with a bolstered North American sales, marketing and support team in place, BigHand is in an even better position to address our clients’ most pressing issues no matter what the economic climate.”
BigHand is used by over 100,000 professionals globally and is based out of Chicago, London, Sydney and Toronto. BigHand is a Microsoft Gold Partner, BlackBerry ISV Partner, and was voted ‘Dictation System of the Year’ at the 7th Annual Law Technology News (LTN) Awards 2009. BigHand was also nominated at the British Legal Awards 2009 as ‘Technology Provider of the Year’. Additionally, BigHand won 'Mobile Product of the Year' at the CNet Business Technology Awards 2008 and ‘Best of Breed System of the Year’ at the Legal Technology Awards for 2008. Further information is available at http://www.bighand.com.
Allison Stegich, Marketing Manager, BigHand, 312-893-5906,