Franklin, TN (PRWEB) March 26, 2010
Sum Effect Software, Inc., a leading provider of e-commerce solutions, today announced the debut of CoreCommerce v7.8 (http://www.corecommerce.com), the newest version of its #1 rated shopping cart solution that features a new, first of it's kind custom logo design tool, price matching feature and more easy-to-use features designed to put Fortune 500-style functionality in the hands of small business merchants.
"We're excited to be the first e-commerce provider to offer this exciting new logo design tool that allows merchants to create their own logo using colors, fonts and styles that match the look of their store template," said Matt DeLong, president and CEO of Sum Effect Software. "Hiring a designer to create a custom logo can be costly, but this easy-to-use logo wizard lets businesses get a professional-looking logo to go with their website on a shoestring budget."
The new price matching feature in CoreCommerce v7.8 enables merchants to offer customers a chance to request price matching. Customers may inquire about a lower price for a product they've seen advertised cheaper somewhere else and the merchant can choose whether to match the price. This flexibility allows CoreCommerce merchants to be more responsive to market pricing, generate more sales and prevent the loss of business because of unknown competitor pricing.
"These new features are part of our ongoing program of continuous improvement and responsiveness to the merchants who use our platform," DeLong said. "Online retail and marketing is evolving quickly, and we're committed to providing small businesses with the flexible and innovative options they need to compete in a global online marketplace."
For nonprofit organizations that solicit and accept online donations, CoreCommerce v7.8 now allows the individual donor to input a custom donation amount, rather than require the choice of a pre-determined option from a list. This adds greater flexibility for both the donor and the organization that can help to encourage larger donations that fall between previously-established thresholds.
Additional features included in CoreCommerce v7.8 include:
- Updated HST tax rates for British Columbia and Ontario to accommodate the Canadian merchant tax changes coming into effect in April. CoreCommerce is one of the only shopping cart systems to support the full Canadian tax system and this upgrade ensures that Canadian customers will be ready when the new mandates are in place.
- New FedEx Freight shipping option for vendor-based shipping, which is ideal for drop shippers who need to transport bulky or heavy items over 150 lbs.
- A new design setup wizard that allows new merchants to create a logo, choose from one of 125+ site templates and get up and running with their store as quickly and easily as possible.
- Integrated Moneris US gateway to provide another option for payment processing.
- The option to upload custom header background and foreground images into pre-designed templates to achieve a more customized site design and greater personalization.
- Support for Android systems on the recently-launched Mobile CoreCommerce smart phone sales interface.
Current CoreCommerce customers will automatically be upgraded to the newest version.
CoreCommerce's comprehensive shopping cart system is the most affordable, flexible and easy-to-use shopping cart system designed specifically for the small business retailer. With no setup fees, enterprise grade hosting and fully-encrypted security, 24/7 ticketing support, live chat and flexible payment processing and shipping integration, CoreCommerce is ideal for businesses looking to add e-commerce to an existing website, replace their current shopping cart provider or build their first online store.
Consistently maintaining an industry-leading 93 percent customer satisfaction rating, CoreCommerce is already being used by some of the most trusted names in retail, including Olan Mills, Clear Channel Radio, Minnesota Work Wear and many more. It was recently ranked the number one shopping cart software for 2010 by ZippyCart, and the company was a finalist for the 2010 Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service and a finalist in the Nashville Business Journal's Best of Business - 2010.
To sign up for or a 15-day free trial of CoreCommerce or get more information, visit http://www.corecommerce.com.
About Sum Effect Software, Inc.®:
Based in Franklin, Tennessee, Sum Effect Software, Inc. is dedicated to providing software that makes marketing, selling and supporting products and services easier for merchants. The company's products, which cater to the small-to-medium sized retail market, include CoreCommerce, an SaaS E-Commerce platform; digiSHOP, a PHP E-Commerce product; fireBLAST e-mail marketing software; and chatFUSE live sales/chat software. The privately-owned company serves an international base of business customers. News and information are available at http://www.sumeffect.com.
# # #