With more and more global top-ten Life Science leaders deploying Model N Revenue Management, we continue to invest in domain experts who can help our customers maximize the value of our purpose-built Revenue Management platform
REDWOOD SHORES, CA (PRWEB) March 30, 2010
Model N, Inc., the leader in Revenue Management solutions, announced that Samir Abed has joined the company in the role of Vice President of Model N's well established and widely respected Center of Excellence (COE), with responsibility for delivering the company's diverse resources and expertise across people, processes, and technology to maximize the value of customers' Model N investments. A 30-year industry veteran, Abed is an expert in maturing IT governance, system development life cycle (SDLC) management and portfolio, program, and project management on a global basis, with extensive experience in the Life Science industry.
Abed has a proven track record of providing leadership to enterprise-wide IT strategic planning and execution, architecture, and technology, and delivering large-scale initiatives with tangible business results:
- At Amgen, he built the company's first IS Enterprise Architecture (EA) team, and over the next several years his responsibilities grew to include Information Security, Software Development, Testing, Data Warehousing, and Business Intelligence, providing leadership to a staff of more than 100 while reducing expenses by 17% and helping the CIO create a seven-year strategy for rebuilding the information systems infrastructure during a period of rapid growth
- At Bloodhound, Inc., a start-up focused on medical claims errors and abuse analysis, he helped develop product, service, and business relationships resulting in more than two-dozen successful customer implementations
- At Quintiles Transnational Corp., he was responsible for defining and developing a comprehensive healthcare Internet and Informatics strategy, eventually resulting in a joint venture between McKesson and Quintiles called Verispan (now SDI).
- At Glaxo, Inc. (now GlaxoSmithKline), he led an international team reporting to the CIO that defined and delivered an innovative information access strategy, architecture, and solution based on Internet tools.
Abed holds an MBA from Duke University's Fuqua School of Business and a BS in Electrical Engineering from Bucknell University. He shares a patent for RxCaliber, a system that enables pharmacists to provide cognitive consulting services and document patient therapy outcomes.
About the Model N COE
As a key solutions delivery organization within Model N, the COE has a mandate to:
- Utilize Model N's diverse resources, deep industry partnerships, and superior domain expertise to drive customer value
- Set the highest standards in the industry for Revenue Management implementations that are grounded in deep industry knowledge and product expertise
- Develop, maintain, and ensure consistent best practices and standardized processes
- Provide solutions architecture/design, business analysis, technical consulting, and QA services to all Model N customers
- Design and deliver value-added strategic consulting offerings
- Optimize communication and ensure effective knowledge transfer between both Model N and customer functional teams
"With more and more global top-ten Life Science leaders deploying Model N Revenue Management, we continue to invest in domain experts who can help our customers maximize the value of our purpose-built Revenue Management platform," said Sujay Jadhav, General Manager, Life Sciences at Model N. "Over the years, our Center of Excellence has won numerous accolades from our demanding customers for having the industry's largest and deepest team specifically tasked with addressing Revenue Management challenges across strategy, process, data, and analytics. Samir's extensive experience in managing and delivering complex projects for leading Life Science companies makes him the ideal leader for our COE team."
"My experience in the industry has taught me that Life Science IT organizations need to invest in systems that enable business agility. Often millions are spent deploying customized ERP systems that do not have the functionality or flexibility required to effectively manage the revenue life cycle in a complex and rapidly changing industry. Model N's strong track record and recent spate of top ten pharmaceutical selections validate the strategic need for flexible, scalable Revenue Management solutions and Model N's position as the preferred provider," said Abed. "After witnessing first-hand how Model N collaborates with its customers, this is an exciting time to join the COE team and help our customers drive shareholder value by keeping Revenue Management at the forefront of innovation and competitive advantage in the Life Science industry."
About Model N
Model N is the leader in Revenue Management solutions, offering an integrated suite of applications for analytics, price management, contracts, compliance, rebates, fees, and chargebacks optimized for the industry practices of Life Science and High Tech companies. Enabling the creation of a seamless, end-to-end process from price setting through settlements payment, Model N's uniquely integrated approach eliminates revenue leakage and delivers the visibility and controls needed to avoid the risks of non-compliance to government reporting regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley and government pricing requirements. Customers include: Atmel Corp.; Boston Scientific Corp.; Bristol-Myers Squibb Company; Medtronic, Inc.; Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, a Johnson & Johnson company; Pfizer, Inc.; and STMicroelectronics. Model N is located in Redwood Shores, California. For additional information, visit http://www.modeln.com.
Model N is a mark of Model N, Inc. All other company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners and are mentioned for identification purposes only.