We've improved our competitive position in the market, so we're not just limited to non-standard business anymore
Caledonia, MI (Vocus) April 3, 2010
Foremost Insurance Group is expanding its Dwelling Fire program in South Dakota effective April 1, 2010. Foremost® is targeting standard and preferred landlord and rental property customers with new, larger discounts.
“We've improved our competitive position in the market, so we're not just limited to non-standard business anymore,” says Karen Marszalec, Foremost zone executive director. “We now target standard and preferred business, too. In addition, there are numerous discounts in the new program to help agents sell and retain business.”
Some of the changes to the Dwelling Fire program include:
- Financial Responsibility Scores are being used as a rating parameter for landlord business (new business only) with a discount of up to 20%.
- Owners with another personal lines or qualifying life policy with Foremost, Farmers®, Bristol West® or 21st Century may qualify for a 5% discount.
- Owners with more than one rental or vacant property insured with Foremost may qualify for a discount of up to 10%.
- Owners using a Property Management Company may receive a discount.
- Landlord Association members may receive a discount.
Foremost is also broadening its underwriting and accepts the following:
- Homes with open foundations
- Customers who have had a lapse in coverage
- Customers with up to five losses
- Multiple dwellings on premises
- Vacation rental properties
Foremost-appointed agents can book expanded Dwelling Fire business on http://www.ForemostSTAR.com. To become appointed with Foremost, agents can call 1-800-237-6136 or visit http://www.ForemostAgent.com. To share your feedback, visit our Facebook page at http://www.Facebook.com/foremostinsurance or our Twitter page at http://www.Twitter.com/foremost.
Foremost Insurance Group is a single source for personal property and casualty and commercial insurance. A part of the Farmers Insurance Group of Companies®, Foremost has been a leader in the insurance industry since 1952. Foremost is headquartered in Caledonia, Michigan.