Pebble Beach, CA (PRWEB) April 1, 2010
Continuing as the signature West Coast culinary event, Pebble Beach Resort hosts the third annual Pebble Beach Food & Wine (pebblebeachfoodandwine.com), presented by American Express Publishing, April 8-11, 2010. The four-day celebration brings together more than 60 prominent chefs and 250 acclaimed wineries from around the world for a once-in-a-lifetime experience and unrivaled access to celebrity chefs such as Thomas Keller, Wolfgang Puck, Michel Richard, Hubert Keller, Tyler Florence, Iron Chef Morimoto, Charlie Trotter, Jacques Pépin, Iron Chef Michael Symon, Rick Tramonto, Jonathan Waxman, Ming Tsai, and Michael Chiarello.
Whether guests are educated epicureans or simply fans of great food and wine, Pebble Beach Food & Wine offers à la carte tickets to suit every taste. Experiences start at just $100 per ticket:
· Eat, drink, mingle and learn from culinary greats: Two Lexus Grand Tasting events will take place in a 60,000 square-foot tent, affording guests unparalleled access to 25 world-renowned chefs serving samples of their cuisine alongside 200 premium wineries pouring more than 500 individual wines -- À la carte price $175 for one day pass Saturday and Sunday 12-3 p.m; two-day Lexus Grand Tasting pass $300.
· Lesson of a lifetime: watch as Thomas Keller, one of today’s most innovative chefs, demonstrates inventive and accessible recipes from Ad Hoc at Home-- À la carte price $100, Friday 10-11 a.m.
· Put the masters to the test: gather round as four Master Sommeliers face eight unknown glasses of wine at The Sommelier Experience – Around the World in Cabernets. A blind tasting of wines from diverse regions will test the discerning senses of experts as guests join them in exploring the world of Cabernets -- À la carte price $100, Saturday 3:30 p.m.
More ambitious gourmands can mix and match to create a dream culinary weekend with access to exclusive experiences. With a variety of wine tastings, celebrity chef cooking demos and more, additional à la carte highlights include:
· Dine with the brightest new stars in the culinary world at Food & Wine Magazine’s Best New Chefs Alumni Dinner Presented by Beringer: Christopher Kostow (2009) of The Restaurant at Meadowood, Mark Sullivan (2002) of Spruce, Jon Shook and Vinny Dotolo (2009) of Animal Restaurant, along with Gale Gand (1998) of TRU, all previous winners of this coveted award, unite to cook together for the first time -- À la carte price $350, Friday 6:30 p.m.
· Step into the frame of a favorite television show: Bravo’s “Top Chef” Masters Michael Chiarello, Hubert Keller, Jonathan Waxman, Tim Love and Graham Elliot Bowles join forces in the kitchen once again to create a night of memorable dining -- À la carte price $350, Saturday 6:30 p.m.
· Krug: A Decade Retrospective of the Legendary Champagne: Join Olivier Krug at this rare appearance in the United States to present a tasting of his family’s prestige cuvée. Since 1843, with unique single-mindedness and sense of purpose, the Krug family has proudly cultivated the markedly individual character of their exceptional champagne -- À la carte price $500, Sunday 10 a.m.
· Pay Tribute to a Legend: Jacques Pépin. Michel Richard of Citronelle, Ken Frank, Ming Tsai, Charlie Trotter, and Gina DePalma make up the “dream team” paying tribute to this legend who introduced the finer points of French techniques to the masses for what is sure to be a poignant evening -- À la carte price $500, Saturday 6:30-11 p.m.
For a complete list of events and to order tickets and reserve lodging, please visit http://www.pebblebeachfoodandwine.com or call 1-866-907-FOOD (3663).
About Pebble Beach Company:
Pebble Beach Company, headquartered in Pebble Beach California, owns and operates the world-famous Pebble Beach Resorts, including The Lodge at Pebble Beach, The Inn at Spanish Bay and Casa Palmero. The company also operates four renowned golf courses: Pebble Beach Golf Links, Spyglass Hill Golf Course, The Links at Spanish Bay and Del Monte Golf Course. Its other famed properties include the scenic 17-Mile Drive and The Spa at Pebble Beach, and it annually hosts premier events such as the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am, the Callaway Golf Pebble Beach Invitational and the First Tee Open at Pebble Beach. Site of the 2010 U.S. Open, Pebble Beach Golf Links has hosted four U.S. Opens, four U.S. Amateurs, one PGA Championship, and numerous other tournaments.
About Coastal Luxury Management:
Coastal Luxury Management, based in Carmel, California, is an event and hospitality management firm specializing in the luxury and lifestyle sector. Coastal Luxury Management's partners, Robert Weakley and David Bernahl, founded Pebble Beach Food & Wine in the early months of 2007. In its first year, Pebble Beach Food & Wine became the largest luxury food and wine event on the West Coast. The company also operates Harvest: Farm-to-Table, a two-day agriculture lifestyle event in Carmel Valley that attracts 4,000 guests, 100 wineries, and 60 regional chefs. Coastal Luxury Management launched its restaurant division in 2010 with its first two projects 1833 and Cannery Row Brewing Company opening this summer.
**Photography available upon request.
Murphy O’Brien, Inc.
Leah Goldstein, 310-586-7124, lgoldstein (at) murphyobrien (dot) com
Anna Morris, 310-586-7153, amorris (at) murphyobrien (dot) com
Laura Millett, 310-586-7142, lmillett (at) murphyobrien (dot) com