We think this will be the best Flight Control experience yet – if you thought Flight Control was addictive before, wait until you play it on iPad!
New York, NY (PRWEB) April 2, 2010
Firemint, critically acclaimed developer of games for iPhone® and iPod touch®, is delighted to announce that its Flight Control HD App for iPad is now available from the App Store.
The highly addictive gameplay in Flight Control casts players in the role of an air traffic controller in charge of an increasingly busy airport. Players must touch aircraft and drag a path to the correct landing zone while avoiding collisions. Flight Control HD brings new ways to play and beautiful new graphics to an App Store favorite.
Firemint CEO Robert Murray commented, “Flight Control HD is everything you love about Flight Control, re-imagined for iPad and packed with new features and content. We think this will be the best Flight Control experience yet – if you thought Flight Control was addictive before, wait until you play it on iPad!”
Flight Control HD contains everything included in Flight Control for iPhone and iPod touch, as well as many additions and improvements for its arrival on iPad:
- More ways to play, including multiplayer modes that take advantage of iPad’s innovative Multi-Touch interface.
- Split-screen “versus” mode: play competitively by sending your planes to capture aircraft from your opponent.
- Co-operative multiplayer on a single iPad: share landing duties with a friend on one of three HD airfields.
- Multiplayer on two devices (selected from iPad, iPhone or iPod touch): land aircraft of your own color, and direct others off the screen for your fellow Controller to land.
- More space to land your planes and bigger airports thanks to the large iPad screen, with three new HD airfields.
- Beautiful high-quality graphics throughout, including an all-new menu and updated graphics for the Classic airfields from the iPhone version.
- New Snow airfield with variable wind direction in addition to the four Classic iPhone airfields (Original, Beach, Carrier and Outback) and three HD airfields, for a total of eight single-player airfields.
- Quirky “3D view” airfield brings Flight Control to life like never before – use red/cyan glasses to see aircraft floating above the iPad (3D glasses not included, widely available from retailers such as amazon.com at low cost).
- Many more enhancements including all-new path continuation, improved collision warnings, a new “safe” fast forward function, and a longer version of the Flight Control song that you just can’t get out of your head!
The Flight Control HD App for iPad is available for US$4.99 from the App Store on iPad or at http://www.itunes.com/appstore/.
Flight Control has been an outstanding App Store success on iPhone and iPod touch with over 2,000,000 copies sold, as well as receiving wide games industry acclaim for its elegantly simple gameplay that created a new genre of “line drawing” games. Flight Control reached the #1 paid app position in over 20 countries including US, UK, Germany, France, Japan, Canada and Australia. Some of the many honors bestowed on Flight Control include iPhone Game of the Year from Pocket Gamer; Casual Game of the Year from Macworld’s App Gems Awards; Best Game – Game Developers Association of Australia; Finalist – Casual Game of the Year in the Interactive Achievement Awards; and Finalist – Handheld Game of the Year in the Game Developers Choice Awards. According to AppStore HQ, Flight Control was the most blogged-about iPhone app of 2009.
For more information about Flight Control HD, please visit http://www.firemint.com/flightcontrolHD.
Firemint creates fun, addictive games. Firemint’s best known titles are its self-published iPhone games Flight Control, the ultra-casual, broad-appeal hit, and Real Racing, the high-end 3D pro racer critically acclaimed as one of the best racing games on any handheld platform. The studio has also worked with the industry’s leading publishers developing over 30 titles from notable franchises as well as originals. Founded in 1999 by CEO Robert Murray, Firemint is located in Melbourne, Australia’s games development hub, and employs 37 people.
Firemint’s accolades include: Pocket Gamer Best iPhone Developer of the Year; Pocket Gamer iPhone Game of the Year; Macworld AppGems Casual Game of the Year; Independent Games Festival Mobile award for Technical Achievement; International Mobile Gaming Award for Excellence in Connectivity; Game Developers Association of Australia Best Game of the Year; Finalist – Casual Game of the Year in the Interactive Achievement Awards; Finalist – Handheld Game of the Year in the Game Developers Choice Awards; IGN's Best of E3 Award and IGN Editor's Choice Award.
For more information about Firemint, please visit http://www.firemint.com/media.
# # #