The secret is to wisely use web advertising and social networking.
Lincoln City, OR (PRWEB) April 7, 2010
Beach Hotels (http://beachesbeaches.com) began publishing information on beach hotels in 1995. While some inns remain in the hands of the original owners and managers, many have changed hands at least several times. In 2010, Beach Hotels began asking the successful innkeepers, one's that were having a great year, the secrets of their success. Why were many inn's suffering while some were having one of their best years?
Here's what successful innkeepers said:
1. Run specials, especially during midweek.
2. Advertise only on web sites that attract the demographic that fits your best guest profile.
3. Use Google Analytics to measure the effectiveness of web advertising. Then run ads only on sites that provide a good return on investment.
4. Send out regular informational e-mails to previous guests.
5. Use social media, like Facebook, to promote your inn.
6. Encourage happy guests to post comments on Trip Advisor. And, when a negative comment is posted on Trip Advisor, respond to that comment.
Beach Hotels found in Lincoln City, Oregon a great example of an inn that is setting records by putting these secrets to work. The Sea Horse Oceanfront Inn (http://seahorsemotel.com/) is posting these kinds of results:
1. August 2009 - best month ever.
2. December 2009 - up significantly over Dec 2008.
3. January 2010 - up significantly over Jan 2009.
4. February 2010 - up significantly over Feb 2009.
5. March 2010 - up significantly over March 2009
April Christy, the Sea Horse manager, does very little print advertising, preferring to invest in advertising on sites that bring significant visitors to the Sea Horse site. One of her favorite sites is http://beachesbeaches.com, a site that features real beach hotels, hotels really on the beach, not blocks away. The people who come to this site, over 16,000 a month, are looking specifically to book a beach hotel. April also sends informational e-mails to previous guests, and has a Facebook page(http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Lincoln-City-OR/Sea-Horse-Oceanfront-Lodging/36364818778?ref=ts) for the Sea Horse.
Beach Hotels (http://beachesbeaches.com) has the largest database of beach hotels on the west coast of the United States. They also publish Beach Hotel Advisor (http://beachhoteladvisor.com) where reviews of beach hotels are posted.