San Luis Obispo, CA (PRWEB) April 7, 2010
On April 6th, 2010, Sterling Publishing officially released "Becoming Buddha: awakening the wisdom and compassion to change your world" by Robert Sachs (http://www.becomingbuddha.net). This follows on from Robert's highly acclaimed book of interviews with Buddhist leaders, entitled "Wisdom of the Buddhist Masters: Common and Uncommon Sense." In Becoming Buddha, as a Buddhist practitioner, teacher, social worker, father, and concerned world citizen, Robert gets to more fully express his own views on social, political, and environmental current events and and demonstrate how the path that he outlines can radically transform how one can be an effective agent and activist for change.
To "Become Buddha" Sachs emphasizes, is to AWAKEN to our personal responsibility - not only for our own lives, but for the world around us as well. This awakening does not require us to become different from who we already are, but rather, just access the natural capacities already within us. "Becoming Buddha..."
- is an extremely accessible guide for anyone curious about Buddhist principles and how they can support us surviving and embracing the challenges we face in this world.
- identifies the essence of Buddhist principles one can find in the words and deeds of America's Founding Fathers and in the intent and principles of the US Constitution.
- includes the practical steps one can take in working with Buddhist principles and practices for personal growth
- is an inspirational and potentially life-changing book.
"Becoming Buddha" includes Forewords by Tibetan master, Kunzig Shamar Rinpoche, and author, Stephen Levine. Other books by Robert have been endorsed by other luminaries such as Deepak Chopra, Ram Das, Surya Das, Lama Ole Nydahl, and Tsultrim Allione.
"Becoming Buddha" has the potential to be a break-through book in the communication between eastern and western thought and spirituality and thus inspire each and every one of us to discover our own inner peace amid the hustle and bustle of modern living.
Presentations and Book Signings with Robert to date include:
- Friday, April 16th - Barnes and Noble, Jensen Beach, Florida
- Friday, April 23rd - Yoga Village, Arroyo Grande, CA
- Saturday, April 24th - Borders, San Luis Obispo, CA
- Sunday, May 2nd - Steynberg Gallery, San Luis Obispo, CA
- Wednesday, June 2nd - gateways books, Santa Cruz, CA
- Wednesday, September 8th - EastWest Books, Mountainview, CA
For review copies or to book an interview or arrange for a presentation, contact Beverly Doman at Dharmata Public Relations at the contact numbers and email addresses listed above.