New York, NY (PRWEB) April 5, 2010
Wine and iPhone lovers around the world are talking about the new iPhone app called GrapeVine that combines social networking and wine in one, easy-to-navigate application. Hundreds of wineries and thousands of people have joined GrapeVine on Facebook to make the app free.
"We're democratizing wine", says GrapeVine co-founder Helena Mitchell. "Every wine drinker is now a respected tastemaker and potential trendsetter on GrapeVine. Every wine business can contribute to GrapeVine's consumer conversation and discovery experience, regardless of size, location or budget."
"GrapeVine is a real-time pulse point on consumer preferences and attitudes about wine, says GrapeVine co-founder Kim Alexander, "Everyone wants to know what wines their friends are drinking, what wines are popular in certain locales, and more about the people who, like them, enjoy the same wines. GrapeVine is dynamically designed to become smarter as more people use it."
A private label edition of GrapeVine will be available to wine partners later this spring allowing for co-branded content inside of the app.
GrapeVine is for everyone, with a special tip to the millennial generation (Generation Y), the very social, mobile-adept, 21-34 year-olds with high disposable incomes, touted as the future of wine. Los Angeles-based wine blogger Leah Hennessey is the host of GrapeVine and the editor of the app's Wine Geek section. Hennessey describes GrapeVine as "a safe place where we can geek out about wine as much or as little as we want without being judged. How is there NOT an app like this already?"
GrapeVine takes a wine tasting party mobile, encouraging members to:
- See what wines people are talking about in real time via text, photo, and video
- Connect with fellow wine lovers to build their own social groups
- Use the Wine Share section to broadcast their latest wine discoveries
- "Tag" their friends and comment on each other's Wine Shares
- Create, store, and organize personal wine lists for easy reference
- Read the most interesting parts of the wine universe in Wine Geek
- Personalize the 'skin' of the app, add video and audio to their wine shares
Download the GrapeVine app for free: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-grapevine/id360728699?mt=8
GrapeVine Community on Facebook: http://facebook.com/grapevineapp
Interviews and Inquiries: Beatrice Bugnosen - Passionate Digital