Woodinville, WA (PRWEB) April 7, 2010
Recognizing the needs of increasing numbers of pet owners, Dog Gone Taxi has expanded its services into Portland, OR and San Francisco, CA. Dog Gone Taxi is helping pet owners save time and money by transporting their pets to and from daycare, veterinarians, groomers, boarding facilities and airports. The company also specializes in transporting large, disabled dogs whose owners may find it difficult to move them to and from their destination.
The owner of Dog Gone Taxi, Rebeca Berni, described her company’s conception, “I started Cottage Spaw in the Seattle area in 2004 to provide water therapy for senior and disabled dogs, then added pet taxi services to assist clients with getting their pets to and from those sessions.” When she realized that pet owners where facing difficulties transporting their pets to and from a number of many other important appointments, Dog Gone Taxi was launched.
Some of the special services they offer – which separate them from the competition – include:
- Taking pets to grooming appointments and back home when they’re finished;
- Arrange daily/weekly daycare trips, even if the client’s pet is not within the daycare center’s service area;
- Transport pets to the veterinarian and back home with all the required medication and instructions;
- Taking pets to emergency visits to the veterinarian; last-minute requests are fine;
- Transport pets to and from the airport, either from the breeder when being sent to their new homes or picking them up at the airport and cleaning them up before delivering to their new owner;
- If ground transportation is needed requiring overnight stays, Dog Gone Taxi’s friendly staff will stay with them in prescreened pet-friendly motels;
- Take pets to their boarding facilities, while meeting all check-in and check-out requirements.
When asked what differentiates Dog Gone Taxi from other pet transportation services, Rebeca had this to say, “The biggest difference between Dog Gone Taxi and others is that we ONLY offer ground pet transportation. There are a lot of pet sitters who claim to offer pet taxi services, but only do so occasionally, as a side business to their pet sitting. We work with executive relocation companies handling the ground pick-up of pets as they fly out of and into airports in the markets we serve.”
She went on to say, “We are very excited to be expanding into Portland and the Bay Area to help even more clients with their pet transportation needs. Pet owners in these areas expressed a need for our services and we are happy to provide them. We want to ensure that all pets and their owners are getting what they need, when they need it.”
Dog Gone Taxi transports its clients’ pets in non-smoking vehicles, with a safety barrier between the drivers and pets. Background checks are performed on all of the company’s pet-friendly drivers prior to their employment. Pets can ride in a kennel provided by their owners or in the comfortable padded cargo space in each vehicle. Pet owners need not be home at the time of pickup, as long as specific instructions are provided.
Pet owners may call the company directly at 888-761-8626 or conveniently book online at http://www.DogGoneTaxi.com.
For more information: