New York, NY (PRWEB) April 7, 2010
Bonnier Corp's Parenting Group, publisher of Parenting and Babytalk magazines, has unveiled a new look, refreshed content, and an all-new pregnancy channel for its web portal Parenting.com. The new features are designed to enhance the visitor experience for moms-to-be and moms of infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and grade-schoolers, allowing them to interact with others and better navigate the site for the exact information they need.
The all-new Parenting.com pregnancy channel features several new bloggers, including "Project Pregnancy" blogger Jennifer Johnson, who chronicles her pregnancy week to week as she awaits the arrival of her first child. In addition, users are able to personalize their homepage to reflect their current week of pregnancy, and view helpful buying guides on must-have items like strollers, car seats, baby shower gifts, cribs, and more. Moms benefit from the expertise of one another, as well as Parenting.com editors, on topics such as the signs of pregnancy, top baby names of 2010 , the latest trends in maternity jeans, best strollers, and more in the "ask and answer" platform in the community section. Questions are categorized by most popular topic, most recent post, and most number of answers for easy searchability on all of moms' basic concerns during pregnancy.
Highlights of the redesigned site include:
- Signs of Pregnancy: A detailed list of early indicators that may help women figure out if they're expecting, including fatigue, nausea, backaches, and food cravings.
- Top Baby Names of 2010: Parenting.com identifies the most popular baby names of 2010, categorized by gender and pop culture themes. In addition, the Baby Namer tool allows parents to search over 35,000 names to find the perfect moniker sorted by popularity, letter of the alphabet, country of origin, and more.
- Product Recalls: Parenting.com's regularly updated product recall archive features U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission recalls dating back to 2005. Email alerts of the latest recalls help users keep their families safe.
- Best Strollers: Mom-Tested! picks for the best models available on this essential baby gear item, at price points to satisfy any budget.
- Maternity Jeans: Parenting.com advises moms-to-be on the best designer and budget-friendly maternity jeans, with 11 classic styles to choose from.
- Birthday Cakes: More than 60 adorable designs come complete with easy-to-follow instructions for using store-bought ingredients to help make kids' parties a hit. Design themes include animals, fairy tales, food, insects, and more.
- Guide to ADHD: Parenting.com's helpful guide details the symptoms, causes, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and medication for this increasingly common neurological disease. Plus, get teachers' strategies for managing ADHD in school and hear personal stories from moms and kids.
- Newsletters: Parenting.com offers various free e-mail newsletters, such as the new Ages & Stages newsletter which sends moms weekly updates about their child's growth and development from birth through 25 months. Moms can also receive news about the latest recalls, contests, pregnancy and fertility advice, and mom tips they can't live without.
- New Blogs: Parenting.com has launched three blogs that touch upon various aspects of moms' lives: The Cosmo Mom features the adventures of new mother Sarah Preston Gorenstein as she tries to balance her family and career; The Split chronicles Evie's life as she and her husband separate; and the Mom Congress blog features guest posts by moms who are committed to improving the school system.
For more information, visit Parenting.com.
About The Parenting Group
The Parenting Group, home of the Parenting, Babytalk and Conceive brands, reaches moms over 15 million times every month through magazines, digital media, custom content, and events. TPG's publications include: Parenting School Years, for moms with children in kindergarten through elementary school; Parenting Early Years, for moms of infants, toddlers and preschoolers; Babytalk, for new moms and moms-to-be; and Conceive, for women trying to get pregnant. TPG's other media properties include: the Babytalk Pregnancy Planner; the Parenting.com and ConceiveOnline.com web sites; MomConnection®, a nationally-representative online research network; and a custom content unit. The Parenting Group is a division of Bonnier Corporation.
About Bonnier Corporation
Bonnier Corporation (http://www.bonniercorp.com) is one of the largest consumer-publishing groups in America and the leading media company serving passionate, highly engaged audiences through more than 40 special-interests magazines and related multimedia projects and events.
For more information, please contact:
Catherine McManus: 212.779.5315
Victoria Livadas: 212.779.5312