Houston, TX (PRWEB) April 7, 2010
EminentWare, a leading provider of cost-effective patch management and configuration management solutions, today announced the release of the EminentWare 3rd Party Updates Pack. EminentWare’s solutions extend Microsoft’s Windows Server Update Services, or WSUS, enabling companies to deploy, manage, and report on both Microsoft and non-Microsoft patches and software applications from a central point of control. With the release of the 3rd Party Updates Pack, EminentWare will enable companies to automate key steps of the patch management process -- from time-sensitive notification of new patches, to import and synchronization of catalogs, to scheduling, to approvals, to deployment, reporting, and more. As a part of this new solution, EminentWare will provide customers with pre-scripted and tested catalogs of “WSUS Ready” 3rd Party patches -- for popular software applications such as Adobe Reader, Mozilla Firefox, and Sun Java Runtime – that can be easily deployed to desktops, laptops, and servers using EminentWare and WSUS.
With this new release, EminentWare will enable companies using WSUS to significantly reduce the administrative time and cost involved in patch management for both Microsoft and non-Microsoft applications, including building, testing, implementing, managing, and reporting. Key benefits include:
- Extend the capabilities of WSUS to deploy, manage, and report on both Microsoft and non-Microsoft patches and applications from a central point of control
- Automatically receive pre-created and tested “WSUS Ready” catalogs of updates for popular software applications such as Adobe, Mozilla, Sun, and more
- Automatically synchronize 3rd party OEM catalogs not covered by EminentWare’s 3rd Party Updates Pack such as Dell, Citrix and HP and other vendor-compliant catalogs
- Receive automatic notification when new patches are announced by vendors along with critical levels or security metrics – via EminentWare, email and “Outlook” style” pop up alerts
- Create custom packages to deploy any MSI, MSP, or EXE using WSUS – including the ability to deploy proprietary software or software patches
- Perform enterprise-wide inventory and discovery to quickly determine which applications are running where and may need to be patched
- Generate powerful enterprise-wide reports about patch status and more– choose from hundreds of built-in reports or use EminentWare’s ad hoc reporting capabilities
In addition to Microsoft and 3rd party patch management, EminentWare’s WSUS Extension Pack provides a cost-effective and powerful solution for implementing, managing, and reporting on patches, applications, and configuration settings throughout an IT environment by providing:
- Inventory and asset discovery of 200+ system details as well as detection of “rogue” machines and workgroups
- Greater command and control over update implementation and management including detailed scheduling, machine selection and reboots
- Advanced update reporting with easy-to-use out of th box reports and easily generated ad hoc reports
- The ability to quickly determine the status of any update on any machine using filters, groups, and sorting
- The ability to force immediate updates or to schedule updates & reboots to occur when convenient
Pricing and Availability
The EminentWare 3rd Party Updates Pack and the EminentWare WSUS Extension Pack Update 005 are available now. For more information about pricing, visit EminentWare’s pricing page at http://www.eminentware.com/pricing. To try EminentWare’s WSUS Extension Pack free for 30 days, or to register to see a live demo of EminentWare’s 3rd Party Updates Pack, please visit the EminentWare Corporate website at http://www.eminentware.com. The WSUS Extension Pack can typically be installed in an hour or less.
About EminentWare LLC
EminentWare LLC provides highly scalable, cost-effective and powerful enterprise update and configuration management solutions that can be used stand-alone or as “extensions” to native management tools. EminentWare extends the power of native management tools such as Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), providing the ability to deploy, manage, and report on Microsoft and non-Microsoft patches from a central point of control, powerful reporting, delegation and approval of patches, greater control over update scheduling and reboots, immediate updates, full discovery and inventory, as well as extensive configuration management capabilities. For more information, or to download a free 30 day trial of EminentWare’s Extension Pack for WSUS, please visit: http://www.eminentware.com.
©2010 EminentWare LLC. EminentWare is a trademark of EminentWare LLC. All other product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.