As the trend for smaller-sized homes continues to grow, many homeowners are looking to utilize their home’s exterior areas for dining, reading and relaxing in the great outdoors
Valley Forge, PA (PRWEB) April 8, 2010
As homeowners get ready for warmer weather, CertainTeed Corporation, North America’s largest brand of building products, suggests they consider expanding their living areas with its portfolio of outdoor products — Living Spaces™; Creating Great Outdoor Rooms™. With its decking, siding, soffit, roofing, railing, exterior trim and fence products, CertainTeed provides homeowners with everything they need to create a unique and beautiful setting where they can enjoy living on the outside.
“As the trend for smaller-sized homes continues to grow, many homeowners are looking to utilize their home’s exterior areas for dining, reading and relaxing in the great outdoors,” says Phyllis Vail, director of marketing communications for the CertainTeed Siding Products Group. “With the Living Spaces collection, homeowners can enhance the exterior of their homes with products that are designed to work together for a low-maintenance, good looking and long lasting result.”
In conjunction with the Living Spaces collection, CertainTeed offers the following tips to help homeowners prepare for summer and make the most of their outdoor living space.
- Develop a master plan. Work with a local contractor to develop a master plan that can be implemented over time. Taking on projects in multiple phases provides homeowners more flexibility with their budget without compromising style.
- Visualize it online. Use online tools like CertainTeed ColorViewTM that allow homeowners to visualize and mix-and-match colors, textures and styles.
- Aim for low maintenance. Most wood fence, deck and railing products require ongoing painting or staining and can rot or warp when exposed to inclement weather. Consider Bufftech® vinyl fence or EverNew® decking and railing that are virtually maintenance-free and can beautifully withstand the elements.
- Side with style. Think of the exterior siding of a home as the “walls” of an outdoor room. Choose bright, primary colors to create a vibrant mood or incorporate warm hues and woodgrain textures for a cozy, rustic appeal. And utilize decorative accessories and trim to create your personal architectural statements.
- Be energy-conscious. Innovative products, such as CedarBoardsTM insulated siding and Landmark SolarisTM solar reflective roofing shingles can help homeowners lower their energy bills and reduce their carbon footprint.
For more information on the Living Spaces collection, visit ctlivingspaces.com.
To schedule an interview about the outdoor living trend, contact Mike Loughery of CertainTeed Corporation at mike(dot)b(dot)loughery(at)saint-gobain(dot)com or 610-341-7328.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed has helped shape the building products industry for more than 100 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," quickly inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed® is North America’s leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, windows, fence, decking, railing, trim, foundations, pipe, insulation, gypsum, ceilings and access covers.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, the world’s largest building products company, CertainTeed and its affiliates have more than 6,000 employees and more than 65 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. In 2009 and 2010, CertainTeed, which is headquartered in Valley Forge, Pa., was named ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, a national award that recognizes environmentally responsible corporations. The group had total sales of approximately $3 billion in 2009. http://www.certainteed.com