San Diego, CA (PRWEB) April 9, 2010
The Hita I Marianas (“We Are The Marianas”) Conference will be held in San Diego, California from May 25-26, 2010, bringing together government, business and industry leaders to provide a comprehensive overview of the $20 billion military and civilian development program planned for the Marianas region, home to the U.S. Territories of Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI). One of the largest U.S. Department of Defense construction projects in fifty years, the program is poised to transform the Marianas into one of the fastest growing economies in America.
Targeting businesses looking to explore new opportunities in the Asia-Pacific region, the conference will provide detailed information relating to the U.S. military buildup in the Marianas. With the impending closure of military bases in Okinawa and other strategic locations in Japan and the surrounding area, the Mariana Islands are gearing up to support the relocation of over 19,000 military personnel and their families, with a projected population increase of as much as 80,000 within the next decade. The program is drawing the attention of businesses throughout the U.S. who are keen to learn more about this opportunity, particularly in light of a slumping national economy.
Bringing together key business people and top federal, military and government officials, including the Honorable Felix P. Camacho, Governor of Guam, and the Honorable Benigno Fitial, Governor of CNMI, this groundbreaking conference will address topics including:
- The strategic importance of the Marianas buildup and what it means for the future of America’s military presence throughout Asia;
- The size, nature and timing for both military and civilian construction, service and infrastructure development contracts that will be awarded over the next five years;
- The potential for housing, and commercial real estate development as well as the financial incentives available for businesses looking to establish long term investments in the Marianas;
- The various business opportunities available in different fields, including: Architecture and Construction, Real Estate, Federal Contracting, Tourism and Gaming, Financial services, Transportation and Shipping, Agriculture, and Retail and Wholesale services;
- The appropriateness of the Marianas as a platform for business development and expansion in Asia, including the tax and legal advantages to companies operating in the region.
The selection of San Diego as the hosting city is extremely relevant, with the city's three largest industries being defense, manufacturing, and tourism, respectively. Businesses from San Diego and the surrounding area are well positioned to take advantage of the opportunities presented for agriculture, biotechnology/biosciences, electronics manufacturing, defense-related manufacturing/construction, financial and business services, software development, telecommunications, wireless research, and tourism.
Registration for the event is limited to 500 participants, with discounted early bird rates of $675 for registrations received prior to May 7, 2010; regular event pricing is set at $825 per person. For more information, including a complete agenda, session descriptions, logistics and registration details, visit http://www.marianasbuildup.com.