Sites like PromotionalCodes.com, CouponWinner.com and PromoCodes.com offer thousands of environmentally-friendly online coupons and promotional codes for over 9,000 retailers.
(Vocus) April 9, 2010
Being green doesn’t only save the planet -- it saves cash too. In celebration of Earth Day on April 22, the experts at PromotionalCodes.com and CouponWinner.com have put together a list of six simple ways consumers can be environmentally-friendly while containing costs.
Get on the way to being green and frugal with these easy tips:
1. Skip the plastic. According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency, over 500 billion plastic bags are consumed each year and millions end up in litter streams. Stop the litter and use re-usable bags for which stores may award five cent credit toward the purchase as well.
2. Shop online. Carnegie Mellon University's Green Design Institute found that internet shopping consumes less energy and reduces carbon dioxide emissions by 35 percent. Consumers will also save time and cash on gas and parking costs spent on a trip to the mall.
3. Use virtual coupons. Sites like PromotionalCodes.com, CouponWinner.com and PromoCodes.com offer thousands of environmentally-friendly online coupons and promotional codes for over 9,000 retailers. These sites also feature Earth Day coupons for discounts on eco-conscious products and services, making it easy to be a green bargain shopper.
4. Raise the air conditioner thermostat. Households will save up to three percent per month in energy costs for every degree above 72°F. Open windows for a breezy cooling system and let sunlight brighten up the home.
5. Think before wrapping. Be creative and use newspaper, take out menus, old calendars and wall paper to wrap gifts. Not only is this a great way to recycle, but consumers will save cash on wrapping paper which tends to be expensive.
6. Take advantage of online bill-paying to conserve natural resources, avoid late fees and save money on stamps. Paperless billing saves trees and eliminates fossil fuel used to send envelopes so it’s an easy and smart way to start going green.
Using eco-friendly products that boast natural and organic ingredients is another way for consumers to go green. Hundreds of retailers offer environmentally-friendly alternatives these days. PromotionalCodes.com and CouponWinner.com help consumers find these retailers by organizing categories dedicated to Earth Day coupons and codes. Simply click on the Earth Day codes link on the homepage or type “Earth Day” in the search bar for an endless list of green deals.
For more information, please contact:
Direct: (805) 883-1000 x111